Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Greatest Dancer?

(21 Posts)
Telly Sun 03-Feb-19 13:38:31

Watched the auditions, and then recorded last nights 'live' show. As we were catching up noticed that there was so much padding we ended up fast forwarding. Surely this is way too long now? Think we will be giving it a miss in future it seemed a bit tedious.

ninathenana Sun 03-Feb-19 13:43:33

I couldn't agree more.
I've been watching the series and I confess to turning the sound off during the unnecessary chat last night. I will either record it and wizz those bits or give up.

rubysong Sun 03-Feb-19 13:48:00

Loads of excess chat so I record it and only watch the actual dancing. I'm not interested in the judges' opinions then the dancers' reactions etc. etc.

EllanVannin Sun 03-Feb-19 13:53:08

I don't watch it because of all that yapping in between.

Nonnie Sun 03-Feb-19 14:16:46

Agree and the whole thing is stage managed. When planning the programme they approached professionals and asked them to apply. As for Cheryl and her claim that she was in the Royal Ballet, beggars belief. At the age of 9 she went to a Royal Ballet School Summer School then gave up ballet! She is famous anyway so why make such a false claim? I do think the man is a good dancer did you see him dance last night, he is good, very good. I would go and watch a show if he was in it.

shysal Sun 03-Feb-19 14:25:23

I also do the fast forward thing, same for The Voice. However, I thought the standard of dancing was amazing last night, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Buffybee Sun 03-Feb-19 19:33:48

I did watch it last night, which man do you mean Nonnie?
I thought the couple who danced were amazing, in fact I think they got the highest score by the audience.
And the young Scottish girl, just amazing.
All of them are fabulous, such dedication by these young people.
I record it, then watch it about 20 minutes in so I can whizz past the adverts.

ninathenana Sun 03-Feb-19 23:35:38

It's on BBC1 Buffy there are no adverts confused

Buffybee Mon 04-Feb-19 00:42:48

I know I realised what I had said after I had posted but couldn't be bothered explaining,
I meant the comments of the judges are what I whizz past. ?

Nonnie Mon 04-Feb-19 09:51:22

Buffey I meant the male judge, he was excellent. It is disappointing that we haven't seen any Bollywood or Bahngra, both very entertaining.

ninathenana Mon 04-Feb-19 09:58:41

Nonnie I would have loved to see those too.

Nonnie Mon 04-Feb-19 10:13:13

nina because I know the producers contacted some people and asked them to perform I feel that the entrants were chosen by the BBC so should have represented a wider selection. I think the final 9 were probably well chosen out of the ones that got through

MissAdventure Sat 16-Feb-19 19:56:12

Looking forward to seeing Ellie dance. smile

MissAdventure Sat 16-Feb-19 20:28:39

Oh, I'm underwhelmed sad

EllanVannin Sat 16-Feb-19 20:37:24

I would have liked the Bollywood dancing too as it tells a story. This random dancing is just moving and contorting.

Lollin Sat 16-Feb-19 20:44:54

The audience is so very annoying - the constant screaming during performances is driving me to switch off! However is it really all the audience or is it amplified by the producers? I notice every time that those at tge front are just sitting watching.

Can't hear the music properly to appreciate the moves.

Chewbacca Sat 16-Feb-19 21:43:42

It looks more like gymnastics, rather than dancing, to me.

MissAdventure Sat 16-Feb-19 21:45:23

Gymlastics. smile
It's what my daughter used to call it when she was little.

dragonfly46 Sat 16-Feb-19 21:48:30

I prefer The Voice!

MissAdventure Sat 16-Feb-19 21:51:06

I lost interest and went and tidied my tool box out.

Craftycat Mon 25-Feb-19 12:49:00

I'll watch anything with dancing in it & I really enjoyed this show. The young lass who won was just superb.
Shame the break dancers went out before the final though.