Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mary Poppins Returns

(7 Posts)
annodomini Sun 03-Feb-19 18:59:19

This film did have mixed reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I saw it with my sister in NZ with her two granddaughters (7 and 10) who pronounced it 'awesome' - there is no higher praise! I recommend tagging along with your GC and seeing it through their eyes.

BlueBelle Sun 03-Feb-19 19:03:39

I haven’t succumbed I got so put off by the Greatest Shownan which I hated to the point of almost walking out and I felt it may be in the same genre and I liked the original I don’t want it added to or changed so I lost stay away

TerriBull Sun 03-Feb-19 19:05:03

Yes I really liked it saw it with my GD who has just passed her 9th birthday she really loved it too. No doubt the dvd will be requested at a later stage when it's released and I'm sure I'll watch it again at such a time.

Hope you had a lovely time in NZ annodomini, you should have stayed a bit longer and missed the bad weather grin

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Feb-19 19:16:13

Loved the film.

Floradora9 Mon 04-Feb-19 18:55:40

I felt it was a pale imitation of the original one. Not a single memorable tune and so many parts were just a take off of the first one.

Labaik Wed 13-Feb-19 22:10:41

Haven't seen the film but have bought the first two Mary Poppins books as I realised there was a gap in my education, not having read them.

Tangerine Wed 13-Feb-19 22:59:47

I thoroughly enjoyed it.