Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Greatest Dancer

(4 Posts)
fourormore Sun 10-Feb-19 11:46:08

Apologies if there is already a thread on this show but I couldn't find one!
I am thoroughly enjoying this series especially now the mundane ones have gone. I have three firm favourites which I won't mention to influence you! (No I am not related to any of them grin)
The only thing that spoils it for me are the ridiculous outfits that Alisha Dixon wears. She is a lovely looking girl but last night had itsy-bitsy denim shorts and jewel studded thigh length boots on!
I know I am getting old but honestly, she wouldn't have looked out of place on a street corner sad
There is also the usual 'make a noise' screaming etc. which can be irritating but some of those dancers are really talented and imo the public are voting off the weaker ones leaving us the greats!
What do others think?

EllanVannin Sun 10-Feb-19 11:59:27

These dances should be in categories and voted for accordingly, i.e. drama, freestyle and for tests of strength/balance and not clumped together as just dancing.
I do have to turn the sound down when all the screaming/hysteria starts as there's no need to be whipped up into a frenzy over it.

As for Alisha's outfit, it did remind me of a scene from Pretty Woman, and I loved that film !

Nonnie Sun 10-Feb-19 12:55:03

I agree and I kept wanting to tell her that standing pigeon toed is not a good look.

I think the whole idea hasn't been thought through. Surely if you are part of a larger group of older young people you are going to have a much larger group of friends and their friends to vote for you. Would they allow all the dancers from one of the captains to be voted out? I can imagine 2 of them having nothing to do while the third still has 3 lots of dancers.

I would like to see more of the male judge dancing, he is really good. I think he said the singer was his partner, well he really didn't do the song justice, Les Mis needs a much stronger voice.

Still disappointed there were no Bollywood or Bangrha (sp?) contestants.

Eloethan Sun 10-Feb-19 23:16:20

I watched the first coupleof programmes and then got a bit bored. There was, in my opinion, too much time spent talking and not enough time dancing.