Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dan McCullin

(4 Posts)
Labaik Wed 13-Feb-19 22:13:59

Amazing documentary on BBC4 the other night about the acclaimed photographer. Not sure what it was called, but there is also a documentary that was on general release a few years ago that is even better and I'm planning to get the dvd of that. Amazing man. Lost his job on [I think] the Times when Murdoch bought it. Too socially aware unfortunately.

paddyann Wed 13-Feb-19 22:27:35

Fantastic photographer some of his images would make you weep they are so powerful.I saw the documentary that was on cinema release a few years ago and it was brilliant .Well worth seeing ,war photography is not for the faint hearted but you do need a heart to show the truth .

ffinnochio Wed 13-Feb-19 22:59:25

Don McCullin has an exhibition at Tate Britain until 6th May.
Hope to see it.

Labaik Wed 13-Feb-19 23:07:24

He said in the tv documentary that he doesn't really regard himself as a war photographer. In it he went back to places he'd photographed many years ago to see what, if anything, had changed. In fact, socially, very little had sad . A bit like a photographic version on Bill Bryson's 'The Road to Little Dribbling' I guess, but much more hard hitting. Yes; I'd like to get to the exhibition, too.