Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Bay

(34 Posts)
SisterAct Thu 21-Mar-19 14:29:07

Another good 9.00pm viewing ?

Luckygirl Thu 21-Mar-19 16:04:49

I just watched it on catch-up and intend to try episode 2. It is shaping up nicely.

tiredoldwoman Thu 21-Mar-19 16:14:21

Thanks for the recommendation, Sisteract . I've just watched it ! It's gonna be a good'un !

silverlining48 Thu 21-Mar-19 17:11:16

The Bay looks to be anther good one. I have #njoyed so many excellent TV drama series recently, trouble is when there is more than one on at a time I get mixed up with the characters/storyline. Should I be afeared? I fear so.

TerriBull Thu 21-Mar-19 17:22:42

Yes enjoyed it last night think it might be promising, we all want another Broadchurch, certainly better than that rubbish Richard Gere is on at the same time over on BBC, which I abandoned after the first episode.

Sparklefizz Thu 21-Mar-19 17:39:50

I think it's very promising .... another Broadchurch, I agree.

ninathenana Thu 21-Mar-19 18:18:44

Yes, we enjoyed it too. Looking forward to next week.

BlueBelle Thu 21-Mar-19 18:46:00

I enjoyed it to ?..but would a professional lady a liaison officer who must know so much about safety really have sex in the street with a man she d never met before ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:29:09

BlueBellemy thoughts also- and knowing that there are CCTV cameras everywhere these days. That was the only thing that spoiled it for me as to me it was not normal behaviour.

Coolgran65 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:32:34

I thought it was great.

Good enough that DH and I were talking about it today and wondering how it will pan out about the missing hour .....

grannyrebel99 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:35:13

Enjoyed it too but where have I seen that actress before. Someone help me out please!

kittylester Thu 21-Mar-19 19:43:50

The A word! And a thing about an Architect and Maternitu leave which was also very good.

Auntieflo Thu 21-Mar-19 19:45:26

She was in the series with David Tennant, I think it was ‘The A Word’, or something like that. The family that had a small autistic boy. The actress is Morven Christie.

pensionpat Thu 21-Mar-19 20:03:10

Also Morven Christie was in Grantchester.

grannyrebel99 Thu 21-Mar-19 20:17:29

Thanks GNers for solving that one for me xx

Washerwoman Thu 21-Mar-19 21:30:09

I enjoyed it enough to want to know what happens.But she's not very professional is she ?Sex in an alleyway with a man she's just met,driving to work with a banging headache -no doubt still over the limit.Then driving whilst using her mobile.Plus treating the new officer like dirt.And not coming clean to her boss about being with the father of the missing teenagers.But then I guess there wouldn't be as much of a plot !

Teacheranne Fri 22-Mar-19 02:17:41

I know Morcambe ( where it was filmed) quite well so watched the programme with added interest. Earlier, on our local TV news, they interviewed a few locals who said they hoped that the programme would attract loads of tourists like other shows set in sea side towns would. I think that is unlikely as much of the town is very run down and sadly neglected.

I noticed that in the programme they managed to make the town quite appealing and pretty, not like that at all I'm sorry to say. Its a shame as it used to be a lovely resort in the 1960s when we would go for day trips.

I enjoyed the first programme and look forward to next week. Lets see if Morcambe attracts the trippers.

Ohmother Fri 22-Mar-19 06:09:26

West Bay has had a clean up and new buildings since Broadchurch. The tourists have arrived but hung about under the dangerous cliffs despite the warning signs and recent landslides/collapses. ?. Ah well...you win some, you lose some.

kittylester Fri 22-Mar-19 06:16:47

I thing the new Eden Project is set to boost Morecambe.

maryeliza54 Fri 22-Mar-19 07:28:00

What Bluebelle said. It’s completely spoilt it for me - a DS doing that with a stranger on her own patch in an alley? Oh come on

maryeliza54 Fri 22-Mar-19 07:31:35

I did have one night ( with DH) at the wonderful
Midland Hotel - watched sunset over the Bay sipping cocktails. Really stunning - I’m an Art Deco fan and if I won the lottery I’d buy an Art Deco house

kittylester Fri 22-Mar-19 07:36:58

I love The Midland. We treated ourselves to Christmas there last year.

maryeliza54 Fri 22-Mar-19 08:19:09

It must have been an amazing setting for Christmas kitty . Have you been to the Art Deco hotel on Burgh Island?

glammanana Fri 22-Mar-19 08:26:44

I'm booking the TV for next Wednesday and the remote any sport can be watched in the bedroom by his lordship.

maryeliza54 Fri 22-Mar-19 08:31:25

They could have used the plot line of her meeting him in the pub and being a bit too flirty without having to have the knee trembler. Is the story now going to depend too much on her being in hock to him in case he reveals what happened? Her not coming clean would be a sackable offence - if that’s how it’s going it’ll be a shame