Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby

(10 Posts)
ninathenana Wed 27-Mar-19 09:03:35

NO SPOILERS

Oh dear, what are they doing to one of my favourite programmes ?
The two main plots last night were farcical and so far fetched.
Bring back the gritty Holby I know and love.
Anyone else think the same ?

Jane10 Wed 27-Mar-19 09:09:34

Holby is just plain daft these days. I don't know why I watch it - but I do!
My main gripe is that everyone can always find a parking space near the entrance at Holby. That's never ever possible at any of the hospitals I've ever worked at or even visited!

glammanana Wed 27-Mar-19 10:37:41

I don't know why I waste my time watching this or Casualty they are both so farfetched now.

ninathenana Wed 27-Mar-19 10:40:22

smile that made me chuckle Jane10
I have just tried to park to have a blood test at our rural hospital. After driving around the fairly small car park 5 times, then sitting to the side with my hazzards on trying to spot someone getting ready to leave. I gave up and came home. I'll try again early Friday.
Our nearest hospital with A&E has 30 plus cars queuing just to get in the car park at times.

maryeliza54 Wed 27-Mar-19 10:49:20

Another Holby- why-do-I -watch-it person. I spent most of last night’ programme working out that Ange is 46 ( that’s right?) So how old is Chloe? Won’t mention main revelation last night

ninathenana Wed 27-Mar-19 10:52:54

maryeliza good point.
I think the earliest you would qualify is 25/26 so that's feasible but not for her to have reached the level she is at.

maryeliza54 Wed 27-Mar-19 10:56:23

So Ange must have had Chloe whilst at medical school ? Who’s the father? How did she manage ? I know I know it’s not real

maryeliza54 Wed 27-Mar-19 11:02:23

Just looked it up - say Chloe started med school at 18. 5 years there and then 2 years Foundation. So at 25 starts her Registrar training which could last 5-8 years. As you say she already seems at quite a high level so is at least 4 years in? So is 29 so Ange was 17 when she had her? Eh? Still it beats thinking about Brexit

Jane10 Wed 27-Mar-19 12:41:49

She was brought up by grandparents so Ange could go to uni. It's feasible. Just. She doesn't look anything like Ange anyway.
Nice that women in charge in so many if the depts and senior nurse is male. So many stereotypes being challenged. Are the scriptwriters trying just too hard?

maryeliza54 Wed 27-Mar-19 12:55:31

Missed the GP bit so yes it fits then . I did wonder at one point last night that maybe she’d had twins and given one away and kept one?