Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Mother Father Son

(7 Posts)
mrsmopp Sun 19-May-19 16:40:29

We have the episodes taped so we can watch them when it suits. Looking forward to starting watching these this evening. Will I enjoy it? Is it good? Have not read any reviews.

Beammeupscottie Sun 19-May-19 16:47:28

Bloody awful Watched until ghastly gratuitous sex scene. Richard Gere himself was not happy with this .programme.

Ilovecheese Sun 19-May-19 16:48:25

I found the later episodes better than the earlier ones. Sometimes a bit slow.

Sara65 Sun 19-May-19 17:18:02

A friend assured me Iā€™d love it, but had to persevere through the first episode which was a bit slow, I persevered through two episodes, and then gave up

Coolgran65 Sun 19-May-19 17:23:28

DH and I watched about 3 episodes, including the awful sex scene (and I'm not a prude by any means). We gave up, couldn't get interested in the characters and didn't really like any of the 3 leads. They are however on record if anyone can convince me that it would be worth watching them.

Shirleyw Mon 20-May-19 04:37:04

Thought it was ok....Watched all episodes, got more of a story as it went on. Showed the past on how his father was brought up by his father and his attitude. Liked the ending too...

Ilovecheese Mon 20-May-19 10:37:39

Sarah Lancashire's character was very interesting and thought provoking in this current age of so called 'populism '.