Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

swimming through the seasons on bbc4

(4 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 21-May-19 19:04:16

Watched this last night, fasinating program.All about the ponds at Hampstead whish people use year round even when there is ice on the ponds. If you enjoy quirky excentric people this will be perfect.

tanith Tue 21-May-19 19:19:50

I watched to, fascinating stuff I’ve always wanted to go there but never got round to it. I was astounded by the Summer crowds though I wouldn’t like to be there with all those crowds and as Ive no intention of swimming through ice I don’t think I’ll be swimming there anytime soon.

Jane10 Tue 21-May-19 19:32:51

I loved that programme! What a great set of people. It's a beautiful place too. I could understand how people are so committed to it.

TerriBull Tue 21-May-19 21:01:22

Thanks for the great recommendation travelsofar, I might have missed it otherwise. The people interviewed were inspiring, particularly as quite a few were coping with debilitating physical problems and swimming in the ponds gave them such a positive outlook. No wonder, gorgeous surroundings. I have travelled there a few times, but Hampstead is across London for us, never mind one of the positives about our capital there are the many green and beautiful open spaces we are fortunate to have.