Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Anne Frank on the radio

(6 Posts)
LullyDully Wed 05-Jun-19 08:17:05

I have just finished listening to Anne Frank's diary being read by a young actress on Radio 4.

It is well worth a " catch up". It was on last week at 9.45 daily and showed a live!y, intelligent teenager caught in a horrifying situation. I found it moving and surprisingly modern. She looked to the future with enthusiasm despite her circumstances and wished to be a famous journalist. She achieved came in quite a different way, of course.

She would be 90 if she lived.

charliebrown Wed 05-Jun-19 08:50:12

When I was 14 I visited my penfriend and we visited Anne Frank's flat, it was fantastic especially when we went behind the bookcase. I will never forget it.

Grannybags Wed 05-Jun-19 09:47:06

When I was a teenager at school, and very naughty, my Headmistress bought The Diary of Anne Frank for me to read, saying there but for the grace of God.

It made a big impact on me and when I grew up I went to Amsterdam and visited her home. Very moving behind the bookcase.

KatyK Wed 05-Jun-19 10:09:28

I read it at school too. It had an impact on me.

annep1 Thu 06-Jun-19 14:15:37

Same here Grannybags. Such a sad story.

annep1 Sat 08-Jun-19 10:16:05

Lullydully I've just listened to this, thank you. Poor Anne, on D-day, looking forward to possibly being back at school in October. Her diary is so well written. It brings the annexe to life. I think I will reread the book. We must never forget.....