Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Beth Rigby

(12 Posts)
kittylester Thu 13-Jun-19 13:55:13

During this tumultuous political time, we tend to watch Sky News but my BP goes up everytime I hear Beth Rigby drop the g at the end of her words. It's so bad that I miss whatever she is saying.

Is anyone else irritated by it?

POGS Thu 13-Jun-19 14:11:39

I must admit I find Beth Rigby a tad irritating speech wise.

Another example is she says ' har' not ' her', ' possed' not ' passed', ' father' not ' further'.

I am an avid 24 /7 news watcher and prefer to watch Sky News and Aljajeera for news, the BBC is very poor, especially when news breaks and they still show the Victoria Derbyshire show and Sky are airing up to the minute, breaking news.

Labaik Thu 13-Jun-19 14:16:32

No; I think she's great. Even asked Johnson about his burkha [sp] comments [good for her]. Not bothered about her accent...

kittylester Thu 13-Jun-19 15:25:11

I hadn't noticed the other things POGS but I'm on edge waiting for another missed g. I expect I'll spot the other things now as well.

Anja Thu 13-Jun-19 15:30:34

Who’s Beth Rigby?

kittylester Thu 13-Jun-19 16:27:12

She is a political reporter on Sky. She might have a grander title than that. I think Sky's political coverage is very good but she is so annoyin!

Nanoo15 Thu 13-Jun-19 20:30:09

Agree with you Pogs, BBC news coverage not good, it is also very biased. Beth is brilliant, always clear and unruffled despite the Westminster chaos around her.

Blinko Thu 13-Jun-19 21:25:52

Anyone else irritated by Boris's patronising use of female questioners' first names. When responding to a male interlocutor, he gave straight back, man to man. No use of first names.

Anniebach Thu 13-Jun-19 21:36:06

Possibly not patronising. Use of surnames of males was common in public schools , don’t know if is still so.

Blinko Thu 13-Jun-19 21:39:46

AB he didn't use any names when addressing males.. just answered the question. Well as far as he ever answers a question...

Anniebach Thu 13-Jun-19 22:02:03

Sorry Blinko when you said no use of first names I thought he used surnames, I didn’t listen to him

Jane43 Fri 14-Jun-19 10:57:58

I just swapped to Sky news from BBC and have been quite impressed. I do watch Politics Live on BBC every day but the rest of the time it is very repetitive, especially at weekends.