Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Question Time

(23 Posts)
Hanky16 Mon 08-Jul-19 13:29:41

does anyone agree with me re Fiona Bruce on Question Time, She is supposed to be the chairman of the discussion but keeps interrupting with her own questions and even having arguments with the panel. David Dimbleby was much more professional in my opinion.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Jul-19 14:12:00

I've lost interest in QT since she became chairman. This isn't for her at all she's like a fish out of water. The ratings must have gone down, surely ?

Her " eagerness " in trying to challenge is an embarrassment as she pretends to be interested. Oh dear, she has to go !

Whitewavemark2 Mon 08-Jul-19 14:55:12

Bruce is useless. I never watch it now. Bruce and the revelation that the audience is nobbled finished me as the whole exercise being pointless.

eazybee Mon 08-Jul-19 15:18:53

David Dimbleby intervened plenty, as did his brother Jonathan; I haven't watched Fiona Bruce because I got so tired of the programme before she started.
Too many panellists and too much bad audience behaviour allowed, nay encouraged.

Ellianne Mon 08-Jul-19 16:14:48

I think FB is far more suited to The Antiques Roadshow and the programmes about the authenticity of a painting. On Question Time she tries to be too intense, I think she probably feels out of her depth and she doesn't listen to the replies before interjecting.

Hanky16 Sat 28-Sep-19 10:07:22

Oh Dear. Fiona Bruce was at it again this week. Interrupting again and reading out quotes from the press which guide the discussion her way. Question should come from the audience and answers from the panel. Fiona you are there to chair the programme if you want to put in your opinions be part of the panel. For goodness sake BBC get a new chairperson. or you will lose even more of your viewers

Oopsminty Sat 28-Sep-19 10:10:45

She's put me right off it. Mind you the programme has been going a bit downhill even before she started.

Jabberwok Sat 28-Sep-19 16:40:41

I love Fiona Bruce and think she's brilliant on QT!

Whitewavemark2 Sat 28-Sep-19 16:46:32

She is lightweight

Jabberwok Sat 28-Sep-19 17:54:57

She's charming, delightful and pretty!

Whitewavemark2 Sat 28-Sep-19 17:55:56

Strewth!!

AllotmentLil Sat 28-Sep-19 22:51:48

Agree with Whitewave.

GrandmaKT Sat 28-Sep-19 22:56:19

I'm obviously not in tune here - I love Fiona Bruce on QT. I only used to watch it occasionally, but find it's a must-watch nowadays. When she does interrupt, she's relevant, lively and interesting and stops panellists from going on too long.

Jabberwok Sun 29-Sep-19 12:35:18

You are in tune with me GrandmaKT ??! It's so refreshing not to have the usual aggressive combative attitude so beloved of some women TV interviewers!

merlotgran Sun 29-Sep-19 12:42:43

I dislike the way she looks to camera and asks, 'What do you think?' or 'I don't know what you think at home.' These comments are totally irrelevant, as though she's looking for an invisible friend to prop her up.

humptydumpty Sun 29-Sep-19 13:30:32

I'm with Jabberwok and GrandmaKT: much prefer Fiona Bruce, IMO DD was too keen on letting panellists push their agenda and not anser the questions.

Jabberwok Mon 30-Sep-19 09:51:40

Asking what we think at home could be interpreted as being inclusive metlotgran! I think it shows that we also have a view and are not just bystanders!

Grannyrebel Thu 03-Oct-19 19:08:38

David Dimbleby had gravitas which Fiona lacks. I would have preferred one of the Jeremys, either Vine or Paxman. I think Fiona was only chosen because she's a woman and the BBC are obsessed with employing women at the moment.

Maggiemaybe Thu 03-Oct-19 20:10:40

I much prefer Fiona Bruce to David Dimbleby. I was in the QT audience recently and she impressed with her manner with us and with the panel and crew. She came over as extremely capable.

Gemini1789 Sun 20-Oct-19 16:21:24

Just going to add my five pennyworth.. I’ve stopped watching since FB took over. Also don’t like some of the new faces they have on the panel. I agree the BBC has a woman thing going on too.

Bridgeit Sun 20-Oct-19 19:11:07

Often it seems that air time is unevenly distributed amongst the panel.
Usually it seems to be one or two who look as if they are wondering if they will be able to voice an opinion at all..

Bridgeit Sun 20-Oct-19 19:12:43

IMO The programme is too short to do justice to the topics bring debated.

WishIwasyounger Sun 20-Oct-19 20:58:47

She is ok on Antique Road Show, but useless on QT. She doesn't have enough gravitas, and seems to want to jolly things along. I think its part of BBC dumming down and wanting to appeal to a wider and younger audience.