Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

No warning of programme change BBC1

(29 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 25-Jul-19 23:04:30

Too hot to go to bed just yet so I thought I'd watch a programme called Inside the Bruderhof - a religious sect in East Sussex close to where my brother lives.

What am I looking at? Yet another flipping programme about eating too many carbs. angry angry

I've even checked with Radio Times.

Blame Boris?

Calendargirl Sat 10-Aug-19 21:08:28

Nothing much on tonight, Saturday. Just turned on BBC 2 to watch a programme about Princess Margaret, only to find it just finishing! Been moved forward an hour to accommodate a documentary with Bob Dylan by a deceased film maker. I could have put it on an hour ago if I had known!

Don’t feel like a 1967 black and white chat with Bob really.

merlotgran Wed 07-Aug-19 12:20:36

What a pity Points of View is not on at the moment. It's the kind of thing viewers complain about so the Beeb would have to respond.

Miep1 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:17:15

I followed the link but it gave no indication of when the Bruderhof will be aired. And my tv magazine just says 1240-6am BBC news on one and various other programmes on 2, none of them the one I want to watch! If anybody does know for real when it is being aired, please could they post it?

Tonyh50 Wed 07-Aug-19 12:10:52

Yet again advertised as being shown Wednesday on BBC2 (at 02.00) recorded it and again cancelled and an old Live at the Apollo on - no indication of when it will be shown, not on catch-up and no information from the BBC‼️

CurtieT Fri 02-Aug-19 09:40:10

The really strange thing is that the Guardian put out a review of the programme, even though it didn't air:
www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jul/25/inside-the-bruderhof-review-is-this-a-religious-stirring-i-feel

I guess journalists got to watch it even though we didn't. Sad because some of the coverage was really interesting. Saga had an article on it:
www.saga.co.uk/magazine/entertainment/tv/reviews/2019/inside-the-bruderhof

Auntieflo Thu 01-Aug-19 12:03:30

I found this on the BBC website

When can I watch Inside the Bruderhof?
Page updated: 31st July 2019

Our broadcast of Inside the Bruderhof scheduled for Thursday 25 July had to be dropped from the BBC One schedule and has not been aired yet .

We will update this page with more information when a new air date has been decided, and you can stay up to date with the latest news on the programme on the Inside the Bruderhof programme page.

We realise that late schedule changes can be frustrating particularly when a programme has already been advertised, and we try to keep these to a minimum.

Blinko Thu 01-Aug-19 10:05:58

Re the Portillo programme, which we wanted to watch on catch up, could it be that the programmes are being manipulated by Boris and co? Surely not...?

Sue1222 Thu 01-Aug-19 08:33:28

Just checked, it's not listed for 7 August on either BBC2 Wales or Northern Ireland or in fact anywhere. I think there's more to it than meets the eye. There are other reasons we may never know, why we won't see the programme.

travelsafar Wed 31-Jul-19 18:09:54

Oh i didnt realise they had reschelduled this prog, i tried to find it on catch up and it said it wasnt on there, thought it was strange. Will try catch up after the 7th Aug as not sitting up till 2am to watch it!!! lol.

penstemon Sat 27-Jul-19 19:56:35

I wanted to watch this documentary.We were only told it had been cancelled moments before it was due to be broadcast.

rem1997 Sat 27-Jul-19 10:28:40

I recorded both the chanel 5 programme and the BBC 1 programme. Neither recorded! Neither is on catch-up.

maddy47 Fri 26-Jul-19 13:27:15

I wanted to see the Michael Portillo documentary on Channel 5 - The Trouble with the Tories. It was replaced without warning by some programme about the heatwave!!!

sodapop Fri 26-Jul-19 12:50:05

I wanted to see that programme as well, looked very interesting. Good old BBC deciding what is best for us to watch yet again.

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-Jul-19 11:53:03

You’re right, shysal, the 7 August screening is for BBC2 Northern Ireland and Wales only. I’d missed that, duh.

How annoying!

shysal Fri 26-Jul-19 11:42:49

I was about to start a new thread on the same subject when I found this one. I had set my recorder but it said 'failed'. On the iPlayer it says it will be shown on August 7th at 02.00 hrs, but in Wales only! That is no good to me. I hope it will be re-scheduled for the rest of us.
I don't think I would mind the lifestyle apart from the fact that I am a non-believer!

merlotgran Fri 26-Jul-19 11:35:59

I don't think I'd last five minutes, Gonegirl. All those domestic duties pandering to the men?

Sounds like The Handmaid's Tale.

I was curious though.

merlotgran Fri 26-Jul-19 11:33:59

It's a nonsense isn't it? Reviewers watch a preview then post their review of a programme nobody has seen. grin

AyjayF Fri 26-Jul-19 11:30:42

Oddly enough there was a review of the Bruderhof programme in The Guardian today

Gonegirl Fri 26-Jul-19 11:20:54

Mind you, can't say I fancy the Bruderhof thing a lot. grin

Gonegirl Fri 26-Jul-19 11:19:25

They seem to put any old rubbish on after the 10 o'clock News these days. Even stuff from BBC3 which, I thought, was supposed to now be online only. Watched some of the carbs thing. Wish I hadn't. Most likely complete rubbish.

Squiffy Fri 26-Jul-19 10:38:46

Oh, we thought that we'd recorded it, too! angry

Thanks for the info Maggie.

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-Jul-19 10:17:34

Apparently it was cancelled yesterday because the news overran by the 10 minutes they took to tell us all over and over again how hot it was, in case we hadn’t noticed. So they took off this 45 minute programme people wanted to watch to put on instead a 60 minute repeat that nobody did. angry

Bad tempered hot day rant over.

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-Jul-19 10:06:12

Well, it looks like it’s been rescheduled. Hope you can all record it, or are night owls! Wednesday 7 August, 2am!

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00071xr

NotSpaghetti Fri 26-Jul-19 09:56:39

I wanted to see this too... hope it’s still available somewhere.

Maggiemaybe Fri 26-Jul-19 09:54:02

We wanted to see the programme about the Bruderhof as well. We didn’t hear a programme change announcement, let alone an explanation.