Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Peaky Blinders

(27 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 13-Aug-19 07:24:16

I am currently re watching the above on catch up to refresh my memory before the new series starts. Even though i have seen it before it is a brilliant series and there is some excellent acting by all the cast. Anyone else re watching

fizzers Wed 14-Aug-19 11:25:37

I did watch a few episodes when the programme first came out, but unfortunately couldn't get into it, though quite a few people I know rave about it.

tanith Wed 14-Aug-19 11:30:44

I love it too and watched the last series a few weeks ago, I just realised I’ll be on holiday abroad when the new series starts ?

Nannylovesshopping Sun 25-Aug-19 14:35:50

Yay!! It’s on tonight and tomorrow, just love Cillian Murphy

Charleygirl5 Sun 25-Aug-19 16:12:47

I have never watched it before- will I be able to get a grasp of what is going on if I watch tonight's episode?

KatyK Sun 25-Aug-19 16:18:09

Well we watched the first two series and then DH decided it was 'getting daft' so we stopped. I'm going to try to get back into it this series. The only niggle I have, as a born and bred Brummie, is the dodgy Brummie accents. No one can seem to do 'Brummie'. I'll overlook it though smile

kittylester Sun 25-Aug-19 16:24:55

I'd over look anything for Cillian Murphy

Maggiemaybe Sun 25-Aug-19 17:12:17

I'm looking forward to it, but DH has never watched it, so it'll have to be recorded. Not to worry, there's still Poldark, Sanditon and Who Wants to be a Millionaire to fit it tonight. smile

You might be okay, Charleygirl5. There are standalone enemies for the Peaky Blinders every series. Though there are a lot of family members to get to know....

POGS Sun 25-Aug-19 20:03:09

A Peaky Blinders fan here so looking forward to 9 pm.

BlueBelle Sun 25-Aug-19 21:38:23

I haven’t watched it but know it has its ravers can I be bothered to go back over the last is it two series ? Ummm juries out

Nannylovesshopping Sun 25-Aug-19 22:01:37

Well it didn’t disappoint, great script and brilliantly acted

Tartlet Sun 25-Aug-19 23:03:06

A good start to the new series.

I think I’d be struggling a bit if I was watching it without seen the previous series. The changes from series 1 to series 5 are enormous and I think the rags to riches storyline is a must view.

JulesR Sun 25-Aug-19 23:09:33

Totally agree as 2 years since last season. Always put off by music and dark pictures so didnt watch it until a few weeks ago one of them when you have watched 2 or more episodes at say 10.30 bed time and you go just one more. Best thing watched in a long time and did not disappoint tonight.

tanith Mon 26-Aug-19 07:05:02

Tommy took in Alfie’s dog, didn’t he say he wouldn’t when Alfie asked him to?

Nortsat46 Mon 26-Aug-19 08:03:31

Thank you tanith, I didn't realise it was Alfie's dog.
Yes, we last saw it on the beach guarding Alfie's body.
I am glad you completed that piece of the 'PfB' jigsaw for me.

POGS Mon 26-Aug-19 09:52:31

It picked up from the other series brilliantly and I still think Peaky is in my top 10 best series.

So good to see so many original actors from the start still in this new series.

What can you say about Cillan Murphy, he just captivates me.

KatyK Mon 26-Aug-19 14:26:58

Yes Cillian is mesmerising. My sister thinks he's creepy. Oh well it takes all sorts.

Fennel Mon 26-Aug-19 15:44:16

I think I watched one of the first episodes. But the idea in the title scared me so much I never watched any more.

travelsafar Mon 26-Aug-19 16:21:40

l Loved it .Adore the way they dressed especially the ladies, not so sure of the men's hair though!!

tanith Mon 26-Aug-19 16:54:45

The hair is weird as you can clearly see the lovely tan except where the hair has just been shaved for filming, I’m pretty sure people didn’t sport lovely Mediterranean tans back then.

KatyK Mon 26-Aug-19 17:09:50

I saw an interview with Cillian Murphy and he said the only thing he dislikes about doing the show is the haircut.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 30-Aug-19 14:16:13

Blimey it’s got very violent though. No wonder Tommy is worried.

Labaik Fri 30-Aug-19 22:49:47

My daughter says she finds her self these days saying, a la Tommy 'nobody ever listens to me'...

Jane43 Sun 01-Sep-19 13:48:05

I watched the last 15 minutes of this last Sunday while waiting for the news to come on. It was way too violent for me and coming from the West Midlands I noticed the accents were far from accurate, almost distractingly so. I know I’m in the minority and other family members love it and have watched it from the start but I don't think I’ll be attempting to watch any more episodes.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 01-Sep-19 13:53:12

My grandson came back from the barbers last week with a Peaky Blinders haircut. He is 15 and never seen the programme. My daughter is livid. Grandad thought he would send him one if his caps.