Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Naked attraction

(22 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 01-Sep-19 09:10:47

Having had the misfortune to accidentally switch onto this, a bit like a food you know you will give you indigestion I carried on watching. It really is so vile and the God fearing church woman that was on had a mind and a mouth like a sewer
Won’t watch again BUT the one saving grace I realise at 74 I have a better looking body than some of those younger women, and the men looked so much better with their clothes ON
Yuk

sunseeker Sun 01-Sep-19 10:03:35

Yes, I landed on this programme while channel surfing a little while ago - I can't believe how low some programmers (and contestants) are willing to stoop.

KatyK Sun 01-Sep-19 10:20:23

I watched that episode *Bluebelle" out of curiosity. That woman was a disgrace. God fearing? Really? She should be ashamed. I wonder if her family were watching. I think she was trying to be 'down with the kids'. TV has sunk to a new low.

EllanVannin Sun 01-Sep-19 10:29:40

A truly disgusting programme !! Got a fleeting glimpse a long time ago while tuning in the TV and couldn't believe my eyes at the ugly sight ! It IS ugly.

Daisymae Sun 01-Sep-19 10:54:46

I came across it while channel hopping. Could not believe that people would stoop so low just to get on TV. I have a sneaking suspicion that Mrs Whitehouse had a point!

annep1 Sun 01-Sep-19 10:57:40

My husband had caught it and told me about this lady, so I watched this bit.
Truly as KatyK says, TV has sunk to a new low. And this lady was disgusting. God wants this for her??
I am angry, disgusted and saddened at this programme.
How many children are watching this in their bedroom?

Squiffy Sun 01-Sep-19 11:37:31

I came across it when channel hopping and initially thought it was a programme about women’s medical issues. Sometimes my naivety really scares me blush

EllanVannin Sun 01-Sep-19 12:05:11

What's the next generation going to be like ??

annep1 Sun 01-Sep-19 12:35:26

Squiffy lol. (I haven't worked out how to do grin on my laptop)

starbird Sun 01-Sep-19 12:43:12

Same here - I watched it to see what it was and couldn’t believe it. I suppose it might not be a bad thing for young people to see all sorts of body shapes and sizes but the suggestion that you choose a date based simply on body is just so wrong.
I wonder of the men take something to stop an erection!
I don’t know how they can face their neighbours, family, friends and work colleagues afterwords.

Chucky Sun 01-Sep-19 12:57:58

I am another one who came across it while channel surfing. I did watch part of it out of disbelief curiosity. The naked girl skipping out to meet her chosen date was frankly dreadful. I will make sure I never accidentally watch this again as it is so cringeworthy. Why is this type of trash allowed on tv and why does anyone watch such crap!
I can think of no redeeming features of it.

Jane43 Sun 01-Sep-19 13:31:06

I also came across it last night when trying to find something to watch in the Saturday evening tv wilderness. The woman seemed to be an attention seeker to me and expecting the men to dance to a psalm she sang was bizarre to say the least. I suspect that if any man called her bluff and expected her to do some of the things she claimed to like to do she would have run a mile. The young man was very arrogant and rude in his reasons for rejection. Until the presenter said, I didn’t realise that one of the women was Lauren Harries who transitioned from a young man to a woman and has been on a few reality tv shows. I did watch most of it, more out of incredulity that people would want to appear on it than interest. The presenter must be desperate for work yet she has presented some very credible shows. A very odd show.

bikergran Sun 01-Sep-19 19:00:02

I too watched the one last week with the older church going lady..it was cringeworthy some of the words/stuff she came out with(wanting to "nuzzle" hom down below}!! embarrassing to watch even sat here on my own blush (put me off my supper)

I am no prude but...too much personal information about her thoughts, how on earth could she face going into church.

Deedaa Sun 01-Sep-19 19:52:29

The whole idea is just wrong. Even if they all had perfect bodies (and they certainly don't!) that is not what attracts you to someone. It's their mind, their ideas, their outlook on life, even their voice in my case, that gets you interested. There were all sorts of ways that DH's body could have been improved but it came quite low on the list of why I married him. And don't they all look so much better with their clothes on?

Chestnut Mon 02-Sep-19 15:52:48

Spot on Deedaa. I saw one episode out of curiosity and found it quite revolting, the idea of working from bottom to top instead of the other way round. What really upsets me is the thought of children seeing this meat market, and I'm sure they do. It should be on an adult only channel.

Millie22 Mon 02-Sep-19 16:35:00

I also happened upon this when going through the channels. I thought it must be wrong they won't actually be naked but oh yes they are. Just awful really.

blondenana Mon 02-Sep-19 19:50:04

I am no prude at all, but i agree this is just voyeurism i think,
How can anyone face their parents, friends, workmates etc
There has been worse
Apparently a man called Brian [with is wifes blessing ] was charging women £1oos to show them how to have an orgasm ,and it showed everything ,it is disgusting and no need for all this sleaze,and the women must have more money than sense or morals
Another programme on ch5 showing a madam in Hull, what she did to the men who came , and paid for the treatment ,again showing everything , and yes i did watch that, there are some perverted people out there to like this treatment and most of the men were married,
I couldn't believe what i was seeing,

Hetty58 Mon 02-Sep-19 19:59:43

Once, having nodded off, I awoke to see this programme. I'm no prude but I found it quite disgusting. How people can face their families, friends and work colleagues afterwards I really don't know!

Mary59nana Mon 16-Sep-19 17:39:59

Omg just had to see what this was all about as these comments on here made me laugh.
Terrible middle age women in a floral dress looking a bit mumsy then she opened her foul mouth and gosh it was shameful ...

Fiachna50 Mon 16-Sep-19 18:03:54

I dont understand why people watch this or how it is even allowed on television. Im as broadminded as the next person, but this is truly disgusting and I am concerned that youngsters will think this is how normal relationships are. What are the viewing figures for this programme?How does it justify itself?

Mary59nana Tue 17-Sep-19 19:23:30

I do worry also about where are the standards that our younger generation should be guided by
Starting from the bottom to the top and then sex and only to find that it's not a match can only mean one thing
Unhappy people who cant forge a loving deep relationship.
So do sad

Eloethan Tue 17-Sep-19 23:27:34

Revolting - and I too don't understand why people continue to watch this. It's not sexy or amusing or thought-provoking. It's just rubbish.