Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Seahorse

(9 Posts)
Labaik Wed 11-Sep-19 12:13:32

On BBC last night; a beautifully filmed documentary about the trans man who gave birth to a baby. Incredibly moving and gave me some insight into what it's like to be trans. Trouble is, I now want to know how he's getting on etc. I watched it twice [having missed a couple of important bits first time round], but may watch it again. Some people are so brave.

shysal Wed 11-Sep-19 12:34:53

I happened upon this accidentally but couldn't turn off, it was so sensitively done. I will find it on catch up and see the beginning. I do hope the media don't now hound the poor man and his son, they deserve a 'normal' life.
For anyone who missed it I would recommend watching.

Labaik Wed 11-Sep-19 12:49:22

Yes; I missed the beginning too; but, having watched the beginning on catchup I then had to watch the whole film again. It's 'stayed with me' and I can't stop thinking about it.

petra Wed 11-Sep-19 21:13:36

I was really worried for him during the pregnancy as to how he was going to cope. But once I saw how much he loved his son I knew that it was all going to be ok.

Luckygirl Wed 11-Sep-19 21:43:46

I inadvertently watched a bit of it - I heard a man howling loudly and grunting in my OH's room and rushed down the corridor as sometimes when he is paranoid he is really frightened - I was very relived to see that it was this chap in labour!

trisher Sat 14-Sep-19 19:09:34

Just watched it. So moving! A lovely family I thought who seemed to cope with everything. I thought it made trans just ordinary people and families coping with life not the contentious issue it is sometimes made in the news.

GabriellaG54 Sun 15-Sep-19 16:54:59

????????

trisher Sun 15-Sep-19 18:58:35

What a well phrased erudite comment GG54 !

GabriellaG54 Tue 17-Sep-19 14:01:10

???