Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Succession

(8 Posts)
dahlia Wed 09-Oct-19 20:00:21

Probably has been mentioned before, but is anyone else watching this wonderful serial on Sky Atlantic? It is so good, though you have to stick with it at the beginning. My daughter loves it, too, but doesn't know anyone else in her group (50+) who is watching. Brilliant acting, plot, etc., though we do need sub-titles as they all speak to quickly! smile

Parsley3 Wed 09-Oct-19 20:09:12

I am watching this and it is excellent. It is a family saga full of double crossing and enough dirty goings on to make your eyes water. Brian Cox is magnificent as the patriarch.

paddyann Wed 09-Oct-19 20:33:43

apparently based on Rupert Murdochs family /life.From his daughters book

jacq10 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:32:21

I thoroughly enjoyed the first series. I'm a great fan of Brian Cox which attracted me to it in the first place. The language was a bit strong but I'm looking forward to catching up with the new series as have only watched episode one so far.

Namsnanny Fri 18-Oct-19 13:53:37

Just watched the fist episode of the first series last night.
I like the writer Jesse Armstrong (?) that’s what drew me to it.
At the moment it reminds me of the film ‘cat in a hot tin roof’
With Paul Newman (gorgeous) and Elizabeth Taylor (wiw I had a senior moment then and couldn’t remember her surname!!)
But I can see it developing.

Parsley3 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:43:25

I didn’t know that, paddyann but I can believe it. I have just watched the episode that was filmed in Dundee.

dahlia Wed 23-Oct-19 19:58:08

I have now finished watching the second series, and can only say "Wow"! My DH and I are still talking about it, and my daughter is also a fan. Do watch it if you can - though the language is a bit rough or just plain daft!

Namsnanny Wed 23-Oct-19 21:20:35

Does anyone know if there are only 2 series?
I'm watching it on Now, and that's all they have.