Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Cash trapped v The chase

(18 Posts)
Moocow Thu 28-Nov-19 23:14:19

I nearly stopped watching The Chase several times as I found Bradley Walsh constantly asking "If you was to win...." extremely irritating and not in the least bit amusing. I have not managed to watch more than ten minutes of Cash Trapped. Whatever was Bradley Walsh thinking?

SalsaQueen Thu 28-Nov-19 19:33:50

I loved The Chase, and I really like Bradley Walsh - but Cash Trapped is not at all interesting to me.

merlotgran Thu 28-Nov-19 16:13:54

Far too much so called 'banter' on Cash Trapped. Not funny and not interesting.

Alexander Armstrong seizing every opportunity to mime eating on Pointless drives us mad. I keep wanting to yell, 'Don't mention food!' at the contestants.

The best afternoon quiz at the moment is The Switch with Sanjeev Bhaskar. I like not having to look at the telly and can shout out the answers while DH is watching it. The main problem with Pointless is they don't give you long to look at the board and the writing is sometimes very small.

sodapop Wed 27-Nov-19 11:48:24

Alexander Armstrong Charleygirl5 It is a bit irritating when he and Osman constantly repeat things, they do like the sound of their own voices.

Charleygirl5 Wed 27-Nov-19 11:47:06

I watch The Chase on 46 later in the evening but even there Ann Robinson has taken over an hour in the evening. Some of us are not fed up with The Chase. Okay, it has been shown before but I do/did not watch every programme at 5pm.

whywhywhy Wed 27-Nov-19 11:42:16

What a load of drivel! Bring back The Chase, much better. x

Trollygirl Wed 27-Nov-19 11:40:15

It’s a no from me as well

Bridgeit Wed 27-Nov-19 10:37:12

Too complex

Bridgeit Wed 27-Nov-19 10:36:51

Me too , loved the Chase,
New show seems to complex .

crazyH Wed 27-Nov-19 10:33:46

Don't like Cashstrapped - loved The Chase .

JessK Wed 27-Nov-19 10:33:11

Usually do watch the Chase and agree it's a good quiz but I do like Cash Trapped. It's a bit different and you do get to know a little about the contestants. Apparently Bradley Walsh devised the show.

Calendargirl Wed 27-Nov-19 10:29:33

I only tune in to Pointless after the first round or so as I am not at all interested in the lives of the contestants, just want to get on to the questions. It’s worse on a Celebrity Special as many of them are so full of themselves, very me, me, me, and often seem never to have watched the programme as not at all sure of the format.

Charleygirl5 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:42:31

I agree, I used to look forward to The Chase but I do not like this latest programme. Admittedly I have a better chance of knowing the answers on Cash Trapped, some on The Chase really are obscure.

I do not like Pointless because I do not like the cheesiness of Richard's mate whose name escapes me.

petra Wed 27-Nov-19 09:03:40

I'm in a quiz team so I watch all quiz programmes just to keep the brain sharp. But I have to agree I find this show 'irritating'

I don't want to hear your twoddle: just answer the question.

aggie Wed 27-Nov-19 09:03:17

I have given this show a miss , I enjoyed The Chase , and was so surprised when it was stopped for this dire drivel

timetogo2016 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:01:10

Tried to like cash strapped just because I like Bradley.
But just couldn't take to it I won`t be watching it again.

sodapop Wed 27-Nov-19 08:56:17

No you are right Lilypops Cash trapped is rubbish and not a patch on The Chase. I'm not sure but think Bradley Walsh had the idea for this game, it was tried once before and not received well.
I think Pointless will gain a lot of new viewers.

Lilypops Wed 27-Nov-19 08:45:18

Does anyone understand this new quiz show that has replaced The Chase , I don't and much prefer to watch Bradley in The Chase, even Bradley doesn't look as comfortable , I just don't get it or is it just me,