Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Escape to the Chateau

(5 Posts)
grannymy Sat 18-Jan-20 15:18:27

I am watching back to back episodes of this series and I absolutely love it. Such clever people who renovate chateaux from scratch and they end up looking absolutely beautiful. So tastefully decorated. All their hard work pays off but it wouldn't be for me.

grannymy Sat 18-Jan-20 15:20:34

I should have said it's the "Escape to the Chateau DIY" series.

EllanVannin Sat 18-Jan-20 16:01:54

Fantastic couple but the show used to leave me feeling exhausted for them. It's a magnificent place but not for me either-----50 years ago maybe I might have been tempted.
Good luck to both of them whatever they decide for the future, continued renovation or sell-up.

grannymy Sat 18-Jan-20 16:04:05

EllanVannin I know exactly what you mean. I always wonder just how much sleep they get! They are just so passionate and dedicated.

NotSpaghetti Sat 18-Jan-20 16:20:18

I’m afraid I just feel it’s a massive money spinner. Clever of them to make their own films about it in order to advertise it and fund it all.
It seems rather circular.

Many people would like to do this kind of thing if the funds just rolled in from it. And childcare isn’t an issue as her parents have moved in too (putting their own property and investments into the pot, apparently).

If you are a self-publicist it’s fine. It does all look nice but I’m afraid the whole scenario makes me a bit cross!