Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

All creatures great and small

(6 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 26-Jan-20 09:18:53

Does anyone know when and if the above is being made into a new series. I asked about this before Christmas and I am sure I was told it would be on Ch5 in the new year. Use to love this when it first came out. smile

tanith Sun 26-Jan-20 09:26:03

Yes it’s going to be Ch5 this year no date that I could find, apparently Diana Rigg and Nigel Hager’s are in it although not in leading roles. Not sure I’ll watch I loved the old one too much.

tanith Sun 26-Jan-20 09:26:41

Nigel Havers

Chestnut Sun 26-Jan-20 09:43:59

I have watched many of the old ones again (borrowed on DVD) and there were 90 episodes! That may be some kind of record??? I didn't manage to plough through them all. I wouldn't want to see another version, that was perfection.

Jabberwok Sun 26-Jan-20 19:07:15

I saw a picture of the cast and Mrs Hall is a young woman and quite good looking!!! NO! Mrs Hall is an older, motherly faintly disapproving lady of no particular looks! Don't think this version will be for me!!

dahlia Mon 27-Jan-20 19:54:03

We loved watching the old Christopher Timothy series, and in fact it led to us taking many wonderful walking holidays around Swaledale. Can't imagine a younger Mrs Hall! Perhaps James Herriott will have an electric car and of course plenty of room for gender fluid plots (if only among the sheep!).