Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Voice Tom Jones is amazing

(6 Posts)
Dec46 Sun 02-Feb-20 15:41:33

I've been watching The Voice and am amazed that Tom Jones will be 80 in June. He quite often sings on the show and his voice is still deep,rich and powerful and he seems to have a real sense of fun.
Anyone else watching?

Liz46 Sun 02-Feb-20 15:45:34

I haven't been watching The Voice but have seen him effortlessly burst into song and it is fabulous.

Chestnut Sun 02-Feb-20 15:55:09

Tom Jones has always had very strong vocal cords! ?
They still seem to be fully functional, unlike some of the others who still warble away. But I do sympathise with them, because it must be very difficult to stop singing and performing when it has been your whole life.
Tom Jones is indeed blessed.

Ginny42 Sun 02-Feb-20 15:58:53

I never liked him years ago, but spent a couple of very nostalgic hours last night watching Music from the 60s on Yesterday, and was really surprised by footage of Tom Jones singing. He did have a very powerful voice. What shocked me was that I knew all the words to all the songs bar one or two!

KatyK Sun 02-Feb-20 16:03:38

Marvellous. I saw him in concert a couple of times in the '60s. He was amazing. I've never been a fan really but someone asked me to go with them on one occasion and on the other he was on with The Beatles.

paddyanne Sun 02-Feb-20 16:04:48

Ilike the persona he adopts ,very caring and fatherly.So I was shocked when a friend said look him up online and its eems Mr Jones ha s a son who he has never met and who has severe mental health issues because his dad doesn't want to know.The young man has even slept on the streets ,his "father" says he was tricked into it!! He had a 3 day fling with the boys mother ,one would assume he knew how to use a condom!Very disappointed in him as a "man" though of course his affairs were legendary all through his marriage .