Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Death In Paradise

(49 Posts)
H1954 Sun 02-Feb-20 16:42:42

Is it my imagination or are the storylines becoming rather tired and mundane? It was really entertaining to begin with and as each Inpsector has taken on the lead role they've given the main character their individual spin but it seems a bit lacking now!

jenpax Sat 08-Feb-20 10:18:30

Every time this show comes on I start dreaming of moving to the Caribbean ? not bothered by the death count.
I also would give Midsommer a whirl! ?

Callistemon Sat 08-Feb-20 10:09:16

It's the same way as NZ to London and the first time I had terrible jetlag.
It may also be from sleep deprivation though.

LullyDully Sat 08-Feb-20 08:30:08

Ah but not from London to the Caribbean.Just back the other way.

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 22:19:31

I've had jet lag coming back from NZ westward.

LullyDully Fri 07-Feb-20 19:25:00

I did wonder why the victim had jet lag going west over the Atlantic. I always used to get it going back to UK when we lived in Jamaica.

Let's hope the new detective calms down a bit like the others did. They were all a bit odd as first.

Deedaa Fri 07-Feb-20 18:34:47

I really enjoyed this episode. Don't know what Harry's going to make of him

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 17:35:32

It's a small hospital with a large mortuary.

Jane10 Fri 07-Feb-20 17:33:21

There's bound to be a murder in one soon!!

Ellianne Fri 07-Feb-20 16:31:47

Judt thinking ...... have we ever seen a hospital on the island?

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 16:22:36

Yes, the flight, but I assumed that it was infected bites that had caused cellulitis.

Ellianne Fri 07-Feb-20 16:18:44

I assumed the dvt was from his long flight but the mozzies were all over him. Ugh.

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 16:11:18

I thought he had cellulitis but it turned out to be DVT.

It's a good thing I wasn't doing the diagnosis.

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 16:09:41

I'd be a target of the mozzies too

Poor Neville

Ellianne Fri 07-Feb-20 16:04:38

I'd join you all, but the mosquitoes would really attack me. I end up looking like I have chicken pox!

Jane10 Fri 07-Feb-20 16:03:20

I think we should have a GN outing to 'Portwen', then if that goes OK, we could have a GN holiday to 'Saint Marie'. What do you think?

Callistemon Fri 07-Feb-20 16:02:44

You're welcome to the 'shed' grin

It looks as if it would get blown away in the first hurricane of the season!

felice Fri 07-Feb-20 15:59:36

Sorry Ginny, we have first dibs on the shed, DGS says he is going to save up and take me there "before I am dead".
Children are wonderful haha.hmm

ginny Fri 07-Feb-20 14:16:41

Please can I have the shed ?

Newquay Fri 07-Feb-20 13:56:16

It is all nonsense but very pleasant nonsense; lovely scenery-like Doc Martin too!

dragonfly46 Fri 07-Feb-20 13:00:01

I love it too. Good clean fun and it makes me laugh.

felice Fri 07-Feb-20 12:55:25

We love it, by we I mean my DGS and I, it is funny, quirky and different. I record it, and watch it at the same time to ensure it is ok for an 8 year old to watch. Then we watch it together on Saturday evening after basketball practice when eating dinner.
He loves to try and work out whodunit, usually gets it right too.
No one is forcing you to watch it but a lot of people do.
Bit rude about the French, have you never watched Inspector Closeau?(The Pink Panther)

jo1book Fri 07-Feb-20 12:44:16

I think Ralf Little is a wonderful new addition; really funny. Was on the point of giving this up by will now give it another go. Did you not notice it is now parodying itself; very funny.

Fiachna50 Fri 07-Feb-20 12:41:24

Well, I have just caught up with the first episode starring Ralf Little. What on earth was that???? I really cannot stand this series now, between Ruby ( who is irritating) and Ralf Little 's character who is worse than Ruby (and I didn't think that possible). They have managed to completely destroy a programme I loved from the start. This is complete and utter hogwash. I do not blame Ralf Little whom I do not know as an actor or the actress who plays Ruby. They are acting a part. They would have been better ending the series with Ardal, maybe he took one look at the writing and decided to go. It's just really bad. Ive taken it off my Series Link.

LullyDully Tue 04-Feb-20 17:28:30

I think she based herself on Miss Lou who was a Jamaican comedienne. She is a caricature but at least she has a pulse unlike the rest of them. Imo.

Coolgran65 Tue 04-Feb-20 14:52:08

Easy watching tho I could never get Father Ted out of my head when watching Ardel, much as I like Ardel.

Agree that Ruby is like a caricature.... Too ott.