Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Grantchester.

(7 Posts)
Calendargirl Sat 08-Feb-20 07:55:07

After watching last night’s episode, finally decided that this is yet another series which should have ended quietly when the star, James Norton, quit the show. Wish they wouldn’t drag these series on with different leads, not that there’s anything wrong with the new vicar, just the storylines are not up to much.
Also I don’t think back in the 50’s, villagers like the housekeeper and her husband would have known what a quiche was, surely they would have called it a flan or tart.

H1954 Sat 08-Feb-20 08:03:10

Totally agree Calendargirl! On the subject of the quiche, "Mrs C" apparently didn't know what a quiche was; I rather suspect that the Verger, having recently been to France ( earlier episode when Mrs C thought he'd been to Bognor ) had helped Jack "Mr C" with that. Still worth watching for the dialogue if not for the plot lines though.

Calendargirl Sat 08-Feb-20 08:12:21

Of course H1954, had forgotten about Leonard’s travels! He alone makes the show worth a look still.

Dottydots Sat 08-Feb-20 16:37:31

I must say that I, too, really like Leonard. I feel I want to mother him.

Juliet27 Sat 08-Feb-20 16:46:05

Can I share him with you Dotty

Fiachna50 Mon 10-Feb-20 18:08:13

Im enjoying this series of Grantchester. Can anyone tell me if they are following the book series? I haven't read them so don't know. It's certainly not the same without James Norton, but I thought the new chap playing Will is doing ok. I love Mrs C and Leonard, they are great.

annep1 Mon 10-Feb-20 21:26:30

I've just watched it. It's one of my favourite programmes. It's entertaining and easy watching. I love the cast. And the storyline was very believable.