Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

*This Country* is back ?

(99 Posts)
Chestnut Sun 16-Feb-20 16:00:25

Pleased to see This Country back Monday night BBC1, the third series. It's my guilty pleasure ?? I don't normally like a lot of swearing but after one of two episodes I just felt so sorry for Kerry and Kurtan I actually started to like them!
Kerry's parents are just so awful you can't help but feel sympathy for her. It's totally addictive! Anyone else here a fan of K&K?

TerriBull Tue 10-Mar-20 20:24:49

I've come late to this series, I was aware of the programme, but only started watching it a couple of nights ago, what a life saver, after I've thoroughly depressed myself watching the evening news, we watch an episode to take our mind off events. Yesterday we saw 3rd episode first series, book club organised by the vicar, Kerry choice a "Goosebumps" book, I remember when one of my boys was in year 4 or 5 and they were all addicted to reading that series, we got regular notes in the reading diary from the teacher, with requests to try and persuade them to read something else, with the comment "the quality of the writing isn't very good" Well tell that to Kerry grin Texted a couple of friends today to recommend the series got replies along the lines "yes have been watching it for ages, hilarious! how come you've only just discovered it???" Oh well at least I've got 3 whole series to work my way through thank God!

Callistemon Tue 10-Mar-20 20:00:49

It looks like Helen Mirren.

Pittcity Tue 10-Mar-20 19:51:03

metro.co.uk/2020/03/09/country-fans-dying-know-playing-kurtans-nan-major-show-mystery-12373503/

Callistemon Tue 10-Mar-20 19:40:26

Oh! I just thought it was a real local who didn't want to be identified

Pittcity Tue 10-Mar-20 19:22:50

So who is playing Kurtan's Nan? The credits said Elvira Presley, but apparently that's a pseudonym for a Hollywood A Lister.

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:58:23

Yes, it must have been.?The amount of police work put in to
Find the killers (low lives) of another of that ilk! They all got long sentences I saw, that reflected their past misdeeds.
Just about to watch the next case ( the son who killed his elderly Mother.)

MerylStreep Thu 27-Feb-20 18:37:04

Lemon
That was weird watching that programme.

Callistemon Thu 27-Feb-20 18:20:07

Yes, lots of spring flowers out along the verges but snow on the mountains! We didn't climb one.

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:16:58

No snow at all in that bit of the Cotswolds, a really sunny day with daffodils out everywhere and some cherry blossom.

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:15:20

No, Gary is in another programme?

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:14:43

Just thought.......it depends which way you are going past the market place? If you come into the village at the fire station end, it’s the turning directly left.

Callistemon Thu 27-Feb-20 18:13:40

I am confused
Which one is Gary? I thought I'd watched most of This Country, must have missed him?

Callistemon Thu 27-Feb-20 18:11:43

Was there any snow up there, lemongrove? We went out yesterday and there was snow on the Welsh mountains.

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:11:41

Meryl....watching Murder 24 the other night, I may have seen your house too!?

lemongrove Thu 27-Feb-20 18:06:28

As it was a lovely day yesterday, we drove up to Winchcombe for lunch, on the way passing Northleach, the village where I think This Country was filmed, as I recognised the small market place. Well, it definitely is filmed there, we went to have a look and easily found the pale cream coloured council houses at the back of the High St.I expect they are used to visitors.? Because the road was being repaired at the other end, we had to do a three point turn, and I half expected an angry Mandy to come out and bang on the window.
If anyone is passing and wants to have a look, drive past the market place and it’s the turning on the right.Kerry’s house is high up on the left hand side.

POGS Thu 27-Feb-20 15:52:01

?

I just knew you would not take it the wrong way. wine

MerylStreep Thu 27-Feb-20 14:54:57

POGS
That's ok? We are proper Essex folk, Southend on sea. All the Essex jokes are water off a ducks back to us.
As with Garry, family is absolutely everything to my Son in law
And, if it couldn't get any better, he runs an Audi dealership ( that's the cars, not the supermarket ?)

Chestnut Thu 27-Feb-20 14:38:07

Sorry, this is on Channel 4.

Chestnut Thu 27-Feb-20 14:37:39

Daisy May and Charlie Cooper are both on 'The Last Leg' Friday night ITV at 10pm. As themselves.

Chestnut Wed 26-Feb-20 09:14:02

I love the expressions on Kerry and Kurtan's faces, they don't always need to say anything, their expression says it all.

Their relationship with the Vicar is almost becoming one of co-dependancy. He seems to need them more than they need him. I thought the story about his father was very sad and explains his character ?

POGS Tue 25-Feb-20 13:28:27

Meryl Streep

If your son in law is King Garry and I said the star of the show is his wife Terri all I can say is, um nothing, best keep my mouth shut. ???. Seriously he has a heart of gold and loves his wife dearly for those who think I am being rude to Mery Streep.

Can I come to one of your son in laws BBQ's I'll bring my own Bicardi.

Callistemon Tue 25-Feb-20 12:36:31

However, an episode filmed there could be extremely funny grin

please tell me that they did

Callistemon Tue 25-Feb-20 12:36:01

tat not taqt

Callistemon Tue 25-Feb-20 12:35:46

I don't know if it's taqt

I love shopping there although I do still have my Melissa tea leaves in the cupboard from a couple of years ago!

SirChenjin Tue 25-Feb-20 12:32:54

Oh crikey yes - can you imagine their reaction to the overpriced artisan tat? grin