Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Googlebox, tonight 28thFeb

(18 Posts)
phoenix Fri 28-Feb-20 21:39:11

Just cannot believe how many of the people watching the hospital programme don't know which is the index finger!

shockconfused

phoenix Fri 28-Feb-20 21:59:18

And another classic, "A genital wart! I thought you could only get those on your feet!"

LadyGracie Fri 28-Feb-20 22:49:05

grin I love this programme, guaranteed to make me giggle.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 28-Feb-20 22:54:37

Great programme. Look forward to watching it every week,

merlotgran Fri 28-Feb-20 23:02:25

DH takes it far too seriously. I sit here cracking up and he expects me to explain what they're on about? hmm

BlueBelle Sat 29-Feb-20 08:15:44

I used to look forward to watching it every week but I ve gone off it now to the point where I watch it sometimes if nothing else is on
A lot of the new families don’t seem to be of the same sort of value as the originals and less likeable
I still love Jenny and Lee, the Sidiqui family and Giles and Mary

travelsafar Sat 29-Feb-20 09:13:41

Still enjoy but like BlueBelle miss the families from the early days. I love Mary and Giles.

Jane10 Sat 29-Feb-20 10:10:26

I love Giles and Mary and Jenny and Lee. Also the Malone family with their huge dogs including Dave. The Siddiquis are a nice family too. I missed the 2 sisters who lie on couches eating all the time. One was expecting a baby. Maybe she's having a break as it must be due by now.
I don't find the young brother and sister from Blackpool amusing or interesting at all.

Curlywhirly Sat 29-Feb-20 10:22:32

Yes I too love Jenny and Lee, what a lovely relationship (friends) they have. The Siddiqui's are also lovely to watch, so witty and intelligent. And as for Giles and Mary - just completely bonkers and eccentric, a real breath of fresh air. As a dog lover, I love watching the antics of the Malone dogs, how they all fit in that front room , God only knows. ?

Jane10 Sat 29-Feb-20 10:42:00

I really enjoyed Giles and Mary's book. It's a sort of diary with each writing entries. They really are a most unusual and entertaining couple.

Forestflame Sat 29-Feb-20 21:50:20

Like most of the families on Gogglebox, except the brother and sister from Blackpool.

Eloethan Sun 01-Mar-20 00:35:31

My favourites are the Siddiqui family, the family with the big dogs, the two older ladies and the Essex couple.

Sometimes I find the brother and sister funny but mostly I find their sense of humour too crude for my taste.

The ones that really drive me mad are Giles and Mary. I don't think they're at all funny, although they obviously think they're hilarious. And the two youngish girls from the North East. I'm always amazed at their lack of knowledge about almost everything.

TerriBull Sun 01-Mar-20 13:20:34

Love Giles and Mary and the Siddiqui family, also Jenny and Lee. I miss Leon and June.

The brother and sister from Blackpool seem to have a disproportionate amount of airtime, I wonder why, they have few redeeming qualities and come across as quite vicious. I don't find them funny either, just puerile.

I agree, the two girls from the north east seem terribly ignorant, but also found that with Scarlett Moffet, her father who clearly had a far better grasp of practically anything, seemed to spend all his airtime explaining basic general knowledge to her permanently furrowed, uncomprehending brow.

.....eurgh had to switch off on Friday when the bloke with the genital warts came on..........just no, who watches such programmes shock once seen, can't be unseen!

merlotgran Sun 01-Mar-20 13:37:21

I like the gay couple, Stephen and Daniel from Brighton.

Stephen's acerbic wit is funny. He doesn't miss a trick.

Jane10 Sun 01-Mar-20 15:18:53

Oh yes he was so funny on Friday.
'If you have been affected by the sight of Sharon with no make up on...'
grin

Daisymae Sun 01-Mar-20 18:15:04

Think that it's very funny, but have to say we were not up to the last 10 minutes.

starbird Sat 21-Mar-20 11:30:01

I like the old couples as mentioned by others, also the (presumably) Moslem sisters - who are as well as, or better informed about life than some of the others.

Would you go on the show? Food and dogs seem to be obligatory. Why no cats?

glammanana Sat 21-Mar-20 11:50:27

The Malones are my favourite family the dad can pull some esquite expressions.
Jenny & Lee seem to have a wonderful friendship .