Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Penance

(15 Posts)
trisher Wed 18-Mar-20 10:38:56

Did anyone watch the first episode of this last night? On Channel 5 and an interesting and distracting drama, with a dodgy daughter, a suspicious young man, a guilty husband and a grieving wife and mother. It's not innovative and ground breaking just an absorbing story with the occasional shocking moment. Like when she opened the cottage door. Looking forward to episode 2.

seacliff Wed 18-Mar-20 19:53:24

Yes I just watched it on catch up, and enjoyed it. A nice surprise.

Calendargirl Wed 18-Mar-20 20:14:38

Yes, will be watching episode 2, not very keen on Julie Graham is it who plays the mum, but she is playing a good part.
The lad will no doubt turn out to be a wrong un.

Juliet27 Wed 18-Mar-20 21:33:47

Half way through the second episode......oooh!!!

Howjado Wed 18-Mar-20 21:38:44

Have you noticed how much teal the mother wears. Every outfit. Her jumpers, her nightdress, even her bra is teal coloured.

Calendargirl Wed 18-Mar-20 21:48:40

I hope Art Malik is careful, not sure if he’ll still be around for episode 3!

Calendargirl Wed 18-Mar-20 21:59:08

I knew it, the priest always cops it!

trisher Thu 19-Mar-20 09:26:13

Hadn't noticed the teal-she does seem to spend a lot of time undressed either really or in imagination/dreams!
Poor Art Malik.

Calendargirl Thu 19-Mar-20 22:06:17

Well, glad Art survived after all.
Rather a load of far fetched rubbish for last episode. Had Jed’s body not been found? Did they bury it or something? And what about Yaz, were they not worried she would turn up and seek revenge?
She was better off with Neil Morrissey, with his sexy husky voice, even if he was a philanderer!

trisher Thu 19-Mar-20 23:35:24

It was a bit ridiculous. Why was Art on crutches at the end? I thought he had been bashed on the head! Jed wasn't all that good at being bad really was he?

Lilypops Fri 20-Mar-20 07:42:04

I enjoyed it but it was a bit ridiculous , Trisher, I wondered why Art was on crutches after a bash on the head, and where was Jed,s body, and how amazing that Neil Morrisey just happened to be in the woods at that time , still it was different and a diversion from all the depressing news on tv,

Happygirl79 Fri 20-Mar-20 09:43:34

The final episode was disappointing.
I enjoyed the first two and expected more

FlexibleFriend Fri 20-Mar-20 09:56:16

If you were watching she had a phone call while driving, I assumed with her husband where she said I'm going to tell you some terrible things, I want you to listen and this is the plan. That's how her husband knew she'd be at the cottage blah blah.

trisher Fri 20-Mar-20 10:57:54

I did wonder about the geography a bit. Husbannd was supposed to be in Scotland, where was the cottage? Jed took a taxi there (who paid?) It was one of those stories you can't look too closely at.

henetha Fri 20-Mar-20 11:04:07

I thought it was a bit of an old pot-boiler, and quite predictable..... Nevertheless, - I found it totally compelling and just had to watch all three episodes!