Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Grayson Perry Art Club

(25 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 05-Jun-20 08:18:13

I concur with all the above posts.

A lovely man and his wife.

specki4eyes Fri 05-Jun-20 08:02:56

You hit the nail on the head there JessK. He exudes empathy even on screen. Please Channel 4, give us some more!

JessK Thu 04-Jun-20 21:32:19

A really lovely programme that has the feel good factor. I too hope that the programme is continued in some way. Grayson is down to earth and supportive to the members of the public he spoke to. He would make a wonderful Councillor and a great teacher.

EllanVannin Thu 04-Jun-20 18:02:46

What a breath of fresh air this series has been. I've enjoyed every bit of it and have always liked Grayson and his lovely wife. It made a delightful change from all other programmes.

WOODMOUSE49 Thu 04-Jun-20 17:58:55

Brilliant programme and lovely that he is contacting general public as well as celebrities.

Well done to Channel 4. I find I watch this channel more and more (On Demand). About to start watching Crashing, mainly because Phoebe Waller-Bridge has written it and stars in it,

Doodle Thu 04-Jun-20 11:10:29

Never really liked him much and not arty but having watched his art club I totally agree. I think his wife is lovely. Such a loving couple.

silverlining48 Thu 04-Jun-20 11:07:08

I am not arty but enjoyed the programme too. Like the pots and thought it lovely to encourage people to send their pictures in. Almost inspired me to have a go.

specki4eyes Thu 04-Jun-20 10:56:20

I cant remember which channel this was on, but could someone please tell them to make this a permanent series, i.e. not just a Lockdown one? It was so wonderful..Grayson and Philippa are such lovely people and truly connected with their guests. It goes without saying that they are truly inspiring artists.
Wouldnt it be lovely if programmes like this kicked out the usual garbage we are obliged to switch off.

MayBee70 Tue 26-May-20 16:09:48

I agree; one of the best things to come out of lockdown. Did you see the young girl whose picture was chosen that hadn't painted since she was at school? Got me all emotional, that did. His wife has made several tv programmes, too. She's a psychologist or something like that. I think a lot of people have turned to painting as a means of coping with the pandemic.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-May-20 16:05:34

Teddy Measles ???

GrandmasueUK Tue 26-May-20 16:01:06

Thoroughly enjoyed these programmes and feel sad that it's the last one next week. I admit to sobbing through part of last night's chatting. I enjoy looking at celebrity art and love the fact that Jenny Eclair has done art every single day since lockdown. Next week it's Liza Tarbuck - I think that will be an amusing one!

Alishka Wed 29-Apr-20 11:23:45

Completely agree with all the positive things written here and what a fabulous laugh he has!

Lucca Wed 29-Apr-20 10:29:18

Agree. He is a delightful man and his wife is lovely too.

LadyO Wed 29-Apr-20 09:48:28

Ok Gransnet... that was a mean trick. It disappeared completely, so I tried to remember what I had written. Now there are two ?

LadyO Wed 29-Apr-20 09:47:02

Oh yes absolutely the BEST thing on TV since lockdown began...Grayson Perry is fascinating and very talented. His other documentaries ‘All Man’ and ‘Rites of Passage’ were equally thought-provoking. This one was a fabulous mix of humour and great art (some very talented people out there!) I expected to be entertained and educated, but I hadn’t expected to be so moved. His relationship with Phillipa is wonderful.
Btw - Kevin is their cat?

LadyO Wed 29-Apr-20 09:38:07

Oh yes - absolutely the BEST THING on TV since lockdown began. I love Grayson Perry - fascinating and extremely talented. His previous documentaries, ‘All Man‘ and ‘Rites of Passage’ were equally thought-provoking, but this one filmed at his home using technology to engage the public was brilliant. A lovely mix of humour and art - there are some some very talented people out there! I didn’t expect to feel so moved though, his relationship with Philippa was lovely.

ginny Tue 28-Apr-20 22:31:46

Enjoyed it. Looking forward to next week.

mrswoo Tue 28-Apr-20 21:04:58

I watched it too and really enjoyed it. He and his wife came across as having a truly warm and supportive marriage.
There is so much more to him than just dressing up in women’s clothes. I shall certainly be watching again.

threexnanny Tue 28-Apr-20 19:30:46

Brilliant programme. Very encouraging to have a go.

Previously I'd thought his wife must be a saint to put up with him, but in fact they have a lovely supportive relationship.

Deedaa Tue 28-Apr-20 19:13:44

I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I felt I'd really like to go round and have a cup of tea with them.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 28-Apr-20 18:40:10

His wife posted on twitter saying how she’d contacted their son to say that dad was on television. Zero interest??

I love his pots and would kill to own one.

BBbevan Tue 28-Apr-20 16:27:35

I thought his wife seemed very intelligent, supportive and downright nice too. I too love anything Grayson does. Have his books and watched all his other programmes.

shysal Tue 28-Apr-20 10:44:09

I was going to start a thread on this! I know very little about art, but I loved the programme. I also knew little about Grayson Perry, thought he just liked dressing up. I agree his relationship with his wife was endearing. I look forward to the rest of the series.

henetha Tue 28-Apr-20 10:42:50

He's lovely isn't he. I've adored him for years. I love his mad creations and his sense of humour. I shall definitely watch this whole series.

JessK Tue 28-Apr-20 10:16:35

Did anyone else watch this last night?
Must admit I didn't really know what to expect but I found it delightful in a strange, wacky sort of way.
Grayson Perry comes over as a really lovely man and his relationship with his wife is endearing.
Will definitely watch again although my art knowledge is pretty limited.