Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

How are we going to cope without The Archers?

(205 Posts)
Kate54 Fri 01-May-20 19:01:41

Maybe it’s the lockdown but The Archers has become very important to me! The news that we’ll be ‘treated’ to re-runs of past storylines for the next three weeks or so is very bad news indeed, particularly as the inevitable disaster of the Philip/Kirsty nuptials has yet to unfold.
Except there won’t be any nuptials, will there?!
I think I know Philip’s true (evil, obviously) character will be revealed - as it surely must, please God - but do any of you have any ideas? I know a lot of you couldn’t care less but humour those of us who do!

eGJ Tue 09-Mar-21 20:34:15

Three cheers for Jazzer?

Kate54 Tue 09-Mar-21 22:36:33

Absolutely but was I imagining it or did he utter the F-word as the baby was born?! Not a great episode, quite put us off our dinner!

grandmajet Tue 09-Mar-21 23:25:17

I didn’t know there was an Archers thread on here, and the headline ‘how are we going to cope without the Archers’ alarmed me. Then I realised it was an old thread. Phew!
We just listened to this evening’s episode - we have it as our bedtime story- and yes, well done Jazzer! It must have been a bit different to delivering piglets,

Kate54 Wed 10-Mar-21 09:01:16

Don’t panic! I started the thread at the beginning of lockdown and perhaps it now needs to be deleted.....or replaced with one wondering when the programme will ever revert to its six night a week format? The BBC have managed to bring back plenty of other shows, including Strictly for goodness sake!