Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

June Birkinoff

(11 Posts)
Dollymc1 Fri 08-May-20 22:09:47

June and Leon were personal favourites of mine on Gogglebox
RIP June x

MawB Fri 08-May-20 22:13:57

I had to google her to find who she was.
I think you mean June Bernicoff don’t you?

merlotgran Fri 08-May-20 22:29:03

They were wonderful on Gogglebox.

RIP June. Now reunited with Leon.

BlueBelle Sat 09-May-20 05:32:43

Yes I was sad to read that, she didn’t last long after Leon
It said a short illness not related to CV

TerriBull Sat 09-May-20 08:37:12

Sorry to read about June, as I was when Leon died. Loved them both on Gogglebox, two of life's characters. They are clearly missed by those of us who enjoyed them, their funny comments and gentle bickering. Two of the more interesting participants imo.

Jane43 Sat 09-May-20 09:52:51

RIP June and Leon. They were the best on Gogglebox when it was first aired and the people on it were more natural. The current shows bear no resemblance to the original ones because the participants play to the camera far too much. Leon and June always had something interesting to say and were clearly devoted to each other and their family.

trisher Sat 09-May-20 09:59:00

Loved them on Gogglebox. Leon always looked older and June much fitter, but they were such a close couple. She must have missed him so much. RIP.

Grannynannywanny Sat 09-May-20 09:59:02

The were a lovely couple.
Very entertaining and witty.

Alishka Tue 12-May-20 10:37:08

RIP June. She and Leon were a lovely couple and I remember the accolades that poured forth when past scholars of his paid tribute to him. Obviously a devoted couple even if she had to put up with him scattering crumbs everywheregrin

morethan2 Tue 12-May-20 11:02:49

They were one of my favourite couples. I know they are reunited but the loss of both of them must be hard to bear to their families.

EllanVannin Tue 12-May-20 11:50:02

Bless her, she missed her beloved Leon. A great couple and so funny in their own way. I've never watched the series since Leon died as they were the only ones which made the programme.