Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Peter Sellars

(7 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 10-May-20 21:32:18

Just been watching last night’s documentary on BBC2 about Peter Sellars.

Really interesting, sad and poignant.

A very fine line between genius and madness. Spent his whole life trying, and failing, to find the perfect woman.

Jane10 Sun 10-May-20 22:34:26

I watched it last night. I can't say I came away from it liking him much. That last wife of his sounds a nasty piece of work.

Alishka Tue 12-May-20 10:30:12

It was a 'warts and all' documentary,with most of the emphasis on the warts,wasn't it? I'd have preferred the emphasis to be more on his work, but hey!ho! Felt sorry for his children,tho.

Jane10 Tue 12-May-20 14:04:19

Yes his children had a pretty rotten time. Britt came out of it better than I'd thought. She did seem to care about the children. His poor first wife must have had a lot to put up with.

Calendargirl Tue 12-May-20 14:38:05

I’d forgotten Britt married him in such a short space of time after they met. Heaven knows why, as I don’t think she was after his money, unlike Lynne Frederick.

BradfordLass73 Wed 13-May-20 02:06:58

That's the trouble with looking for 'the perfect woman' she doesn't exist.

I was listening to him in the Goon Show yesterday and was appalled to hear this song (though not Peter singing it).

It's hard to understand how the BBC would consider broadcasting such a disgusting thing.

Go to 17.26 and listen:

www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b007wvvh

Rufus2 Wed 13-May-20 02:44:18

That's the trouble with looking for 'the perfect woman' she doesn't exist
BradfordLass73 You're too modest! wink Of course she does; in fact there are more than you think, but necessarily in NZ apart from yourself! grin
Peter Sellars!? Never heard of him. What does he do?
OoRoo