Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Hindsight ( Harry & Meghan content!)

(8 Posts)
Daddima Tue 19-May-20 13:44:30

Last night I watched the documentary from a couple of years ago on YouTube, and I was surprised at how much everybody was singing Meghan’s praises! They were all saying how wonderful she was, breath of fresh air, new look for the monarchy etc, etc.
The only very slight negative comment was from Andrew Morton, who said he expected Meghan would want to spend more time in U.S.A!
After that , I watched the one about the Queen and the Commonwealth, ( Queen of the World, I think it was called), where Meghan was looking at her wedding dress, and the veil with flowers from all the Commonwealth countries embroidered on it. It may be hindsight, but I didn’t feel she came over as being sincere when talking about their work in the Commonwealth.
(I don’t mean to start another pro/anti Sussexes thread, I just thought it was interesting to see how things were before)

Esspee Tue 19-May-20 13:48:16

Personally I feel we should be leaving these young people to sort their lives out without speculation from every Tom Dick and Harry.

merlotgran Tue 19-May-20 14:07:48

I wonder if Meghan, with the benefit of hindsight, regrets throwing away the opportunities she would have had if she and Harry had focused on the Commonwealth instead of rushing through Meghan's their own agenda?

Coronavirus has meant they will now have to work hard on their world profile whereas all they had to do in the RF was turn up and follow the itinerary.

When it's all over they will just a couple of freeloading ex royals with nothing special to flog.

ladymuck Tue 19-May-20 14:18:37

I'm curious to know exactly what went on between this couple. When Prince Harry married Meghan, did he agree that she could give royal life a go and if it didn't suit her, they would move to America?
It could be that this is what happened as I don't think living in the states is really what he wants.

Calendargirl Tue 19-May-20 14:24:01

Don’t know if it was the same documentary Daddima but I re-watched ‘Meghan, The First 100 Days’ the other night when there was nothing on.

Yes, everyone was saying how marvellous she was, a breath of modernising fresh air for the Royal Family, and so on.

Fast forward two years.....

Sussexborn Tue 19-May-20 14:46:26

Perhaps the “breath of fresh air” comments encouraged MM to think she could manipulate the RF for her own advantage as she has done with people she’s used and dumped on her climb up the social ladder.

Ladymuck. That is likely to be the case but, as discussions on stepping back were already underway, they could have made a more dignified exit without damaging their own reputation and inflicting so much hurt on their families.

Teetime Tue 19-May-20 14:47:08

I wondered if Harry had a pre nup?

Sparklefizz Tue 19-May-20 14:52:17

a more dignified exit without damaging their own reputation and inflicting so much hurt on their families.

They didn't inflict hurt on their families, though ..... only on his !