Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Fisherman's Friend - the Film

(10 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sun 24-May-20 09:06:45

If anyone wants to see a feel-good film to cheer them up in these difficult times, then try "Fisherman's Friend" now available through Amazon Prime.

I watched it last night and thought it was a lovely film, based on a true story but with a bit of artistic license, and showing the beautiful scenery of Port Isaac in Cornwall. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

rubysong Sun 24-May-20 09:12:27

I agree. We had it at our village hall film club recently. I spotted some of the real Fishermen's Friends in the scene where there was a quiz in the pub.

Pittcity Sun 24-May-20 09:14:57

I saw it on a plane last year. Lovely feel good film.

BlueBelle Sun 24-May-20 09:20:47

Saw it at the cinema last year and throughLy enjoyed it

Kate1949 Sun 24-May-20 10:10:04

We had a holiday in Port Isaac some years ago and this group set up on the beach one evening and sang for everyone. It was before they were famous and it was a great evening.

Jane43 Sun 24-May-20 10:38:39

Yes a really feel good film, very enjoyable.

Sparklefizz Sun 24-May-20 10:39:59

Yes, I had a holiday in Port Isaac years ago and I saw quick glimpses of my B&B last night in the film.

Callistemon Sun 24-May-20 10:43:14

We went to the cinema to see it too and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ellianne Sun 24-May-20 11:26:02

Excellent film. Wonderful scenery and a lovely story. I cried.
My husband is a chorister, sings in cathedrals etc., and he was reluctant to watch it at first thinking it was "just" sea shanty jingles. He thoroughly enjoyed the singing and the humour.

Allegretto Sun 24-May-20 11:28:19

I watched it on a plane, then with my husband and then with my daughter. It is fabulous. I can’t think of any other film I’ve watched 3 times.