Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Secrets She Keeps

(53 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 08-Jul-20 10:32:52

Is anyone else watching this?

Starring Laura Carmichael (Lady Edith from Downton).

It’s Australian, quite predictable, I guessed the plot lines in each of the first two episodes, but will keep watching.

starbird Fri 10-Jul-20 02:14:32

Yes I binge watched every episode on the first night which took me to 2am. Agatha is a very clever Psychopath! Loved the boyfriend’s vertically challenged cuddly mum.

There is a bit of a twist at the end.

Alexa Fri 10-Jul-20 08:40:05

I liked it especially as the story was simply constructed and easy to understand.

BlueBelle Mon 13-Jul-20 22:46:58

Im liking this now I ve got into it poor Agatha what a nasty childhood she had

maddyone Mon 13-Jul-20 23:10:31

I’m enjoying it. I know a lot of it is predictable, but certainly not everything. I like to sit down at about nine pm and relax by watching something on television. This fits the bill, we watch it together.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Jul-20 06:53:51

I’m still watching the Downton repeats on ITV3.

The Lady Edith role is just going through all the heartache of the baby she had out of wedlock, and now another distressing baby story.

It must be written into Laura Carmichael’s contract that she has to suffer all this distress.

Going back to The Secrets...., wouldn’t the abduction be recorded on CCTV in the hospital?

Beechnut Tue 14-Jul-20 07:07:33

I’m watching Downton too Calendargirl (never watched it first time round) and I thought much the same as you about the Lady Edith actor.

I couldn’t wait for it all on tv and I’ve watched it all on iPlayer.

shysal Tue 14-Jul-20 08:53:38

I saw the actress being interviewed a few weeks ago, and she said she had always wanted to play a psychopath!

Alexa Tue 14-Jul-20 08:58:21

I like it especially as it has no boring flashbacks, fighting, or whodunnits. That was such a good thing to portray the cause of the crime of baby stealing.

I think the documentary about how school children and adults are being rescued from crime (especially in Scotland so far )by taking a therapeutic approach to the people involved can be paired with "The Secrets She Keeps".

Charleygirl5 Tue 14-Jul-20 09:36:40

Calendargirl- yes there would be CCTV everywhere including the basement she ran out from. There are many holes, it is predictable but my brain does not work overtime wondering what is happening.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Jul-20 22:04:40

Now how did I guess that poor Nicky, (who is he?) would not catch that train?

??

BlueBelle Wed 15-Jul-20 09:07:15

Nicky was her ex wasn’t he ? Who she lost the baby with or have I got that wrong !!!
That was a good little twist, hitting up now

Puzzler61 Wed 15-Jul-20 15:33:21

Yes, that’s my understanding too. The father of her stillborn baby Chloe.

merlotgran Thu 16-Jul-20 20:20:58

Just finished binge watching it on iPlayer. Lots of twists.

I'm glad I stuck with it.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Jul-20 20:46:23

After the second episode, I was not sure if it was worth watching but it is improving and if there are twists it should be worth another couple of viewings next week

Patsy70 Thu 16-Jul-20 21:58:02

I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought the acting was good. Particularly liked Aggie and Meghan.

Sallywally1 Thu 16-Jul-20 22:05:38

Well I am watching it on I player and am quite gripped by it, though am finding it a bit creepy. I have three more episodes to watch, so don’t tell me what happens! I tried Mrs America but was disappointed so stopped watching it. Shame as I was quite looking forward to it. I don’t watch much tv but I do like a good drama.

Eloethan Thu 16-Jul-20 23:41:52

I'm glad I carried on watching it too because I enjoyed it.

lemongrove Fri 17-Jul-20 09:07:28

Just watched the first two episodes and think it’s quite good.
She’s the best actor in it ( the other woman having a baby isn’t a believable character) but I want to find out what happens, which is always a good sign for a series.

honeyrose Fri 17-Jul-20 11:13:17

Enjoying The Secrets she Keeps. Maybe it is a bit predictable, but don’t normally watch this sort of thing, so really enjoying the suspense. Feeling a bit down at the moment, so need something to take my mind off things. Also working my way through Downton Abbey box set which i’m loving. Have also enjoyed Peter Kay’s Car Share recently. Need more comedy in my life! Friday Night Dunner another favourite. The catchup facility in the tv has been very useful!

nanna123 Fri 17-Jul-20 11:59:46

I binge watched the whole lot yesterday, trying to alleviate my pre hospital self-isolation.
It was watchable but a bit predictable - I also watched After Life recently and did enjoy that, laughter and tears in equal measure

JenniferEccles Fri 17-Jul-20 16:29:18

I am enjoying it especially as the book it is from was inspired by a real life baby kidnapping here.

A lot of details have been changed but it’s an enjoyable watch.

There are a few more twists and turns to come I believe !

Sparklefizz Fri 17-Jul-20 19:27:54

I have just finished watching this. For people who enjoyed it, you might like The Cry if you didn't see it on TV last year.

Calendargirl Tue 21-Jul-20 06:36:17

The plot thickens! I realise many of you have binge watched the ending already, but I have held out as there is so much rubbish on at the moment.

Baby Ben/Rory looks older than a couple of weeks.

maddyone Tue 21-Jul-20 11:14:41

Me too Calendargirl
I have resisted binge watching, because I can sit down at nine o clock and relax watching it. Last episode tonight.

Calendargirl Wed 22-Jul-20 06:47:19

So now we know, or do we?

What happened to the three dead babies, did Aggie kill them or did they just die?

Did she shoot herself, or did the police marksman wound her?

Will she somehow be released from prison, and get revenge on Meghan, who she is so envious of?

Will Meghan stay with her unfanciable husband, and will we ever know if baby Ben was really the boyfriend’s?

Will there be another series?

Oh, please, no!