Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

What are you watching tonight?

(311 Posts)
Esspee Thu 30-Jul-20 15:20:09

I found Lara’s thread very useful and it was very popular so, as Lara hasn’t started a new thread I have.

Any suggestions on what to watch tonight gransnetters?

Marelli Sun 15-Nov-20 06:57:54

Thanks, Jane43, I’ll try that.

travelsafar Sun 15-Nov-20 06:33:38

Watched the re runs of 'Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie' on catch up. Loved this first time around and it was great see Kathy Burke again in this role she was brilliant.

Greenfinch Sat 14-Nov-20 21:44:10

Also watching Mountbatten.

GrandmasueUK Sat 14-Nov-20 20:52:56

Looking forward to DNA later.

EllanVannin Sat 14-Nov-20 20:51:20

Mountbatten on Ch 5.

Lisagran Sat 14-Nov-20 20:48:55

I hope there’ll be another series of DNA - I think it’s been really interesting TV

suziewoozie Sat 14-Nov-20 20:40:19

Last episodes of DNA

Jane43 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:28:33

Marelli

I've been trying to find The West Wing on Channel 4 catch up but can't seem to find it?

The West Wing is definitely on All4, just do a search for it.

Jane43 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:25:07

TerriBull

I've started watching "The Looming Tower" on Amazon Prime, it's very good, set in the late 1990s, tracking the operations of Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda that led to eventual atrocities of 9/11 set against a backdrop of infighting between the FBI and CIA. Also still dipping in and out of "This is Us", midway through series 3, have to dip out every so often when I feel I'm becoming over schmaltzed by it! Other than that I'm up to date with DNA now, and looking forward to seeing the latest instalments of that over on BBC4 at 9, if I can stay awake otherwise. I'll catch up with it on BBC I Player. Not sure about Strictly, I'm finding it quite boring! I'll probably give it a miss.

Oh yes The Looming Tower is a fabulous series. I love Jeff Daniels. There is also a documentary about the main character Jeff Daniels played, John O’Neill, it’s called ‘The Man Who Knew’. I think it is also on Amazon Prime.

Jane43 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:17:10

Cherrytree59

Wild Rose
Amazon prime
Young girl from Glasgow just out of prison dreams of becoming a country music star and traveling to Nashville.

One for Gillybob if she is reading GN (I know she enjoys a bit of Country music) smile

Wild Rose is a great film starring the wonderful Jessie Buckley, I enjoyed it very much.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 14-Nov-20 19:13:23

At the moment Mozart’s “Requiem”.

TerriBull Sat 14-Nov-20 19:10:07

I've started watching "The Looming Tower" on Amazon Prime, it's very good, set in the late 1990s, tracking the operations of Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda that led to eventual atrocities of 9/11 set against a backdrop of infighting between the FBI and CIA. Also still dipping in and out of "This is Us", midway through series 3, have to dip out every so often when I feel I'm becoming over schmaltzed by it! Other than that I'm up to date with DNA now, and looking forward to seeing the latest instalments of that over on BBC4 at 9, if I can stay awake otherwise. I'll catch up with it on BBC I Player. Not sure about Strictly, I'm finding it quite boring! I'll probably give it a miss.

rosecarmel Sat 14-Nov-20 18:03:38

Last night I watched Robin's Wish, a documentary about Robin Williams life and struggle in his later years, much of it told through the eyes of his wife-

Callistemon Sat 14-Nov-20 17:57:59

Oh, thank goodness, it's making me anxious.

mokryna Sat 14-Nov-20 17:57:24

DNA Last of the series tonight.

suziewoozie Fri 13-Nov-20 12:00:27

Still enjoying Rita but I detect signs of series fatigue.

mokryna Thu 12-Nov-20 23:45:18

Lucca

Just switched over to DIY SOS. I know it’s mean but oh my word nick knowles hair and stomach !!

His hair was a bit long but I think is was filmed at the time when hairdressers were closed.

Fennel Thu 12-Nov-20 21:04:14

I like Nick Knowles on Close Calls BBC1 ams. not so much him but the series.
Just watched this about taking a puppy into the family. Very absorbing.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000pbft

Lucca Thu 12-Nov-20 20:20:09

Just switched over to DIY SOS. I know it’s mean but oh my word nick knowles hair and stomach !!

rosecarmel Sat 07-Nov-20 14:00:08

Last night I watched Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains- Fun watch!

GrannyRose15 Fri 06-Nov-20 22:57:47

Leeds Film Festival is on at the moment. Normally we'd be seeing films in venues across Leeds but this year it's all online. Some great new films. Saw "Curveball" last night and have just watched "Arracht". Just Google Leeds Film festival to see the programme.

www.leedsfilm.com/liff/liff-2020-festival-guide/

Marelli Fri 06-Nov-20 21:55:30

Jane10, no, West Wing isn’t on Netflix. I might try the Queen’s Gambit, though.

Cherrytree59 Fri 06-Nov-20 21:52:56

Wild Rose
Amazon prime
Young girl from Glasgow just out of prison dreams of becoming a country music star and traveling to Nashville.

One for Gillybob if she is reading GN (I know she enjoys a bit of Country music) smile

Granarchist Fri 06-Nov-20 16:54:02

Call My Agent on Netflix - brilliant

fevertree Fri 06-Nov-20 16:50:13

Netflix is a monthly subscription service, shows are streamed. There is no additional charge whether you watch one episode or the entire series of any programme. How much or little you watch of any series at any one time is up to each individual.

I love Netflix.