Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Harlots

(31 Posts)
phoenix Wed 05-Aug-20 22:27:23

The music is all wrong ?

tiredoldwoman Sat 15-Aug-20 11:34:09

My eyes popped but once I pushed them back in the rest of Harlots made me laugh . A curious mix .

I fell asleep but want to find out about the children who were taken from their mother so will watch again .
It was the sexiest thing I've ever seen in my life !

POGS Sat 15-Aug-20 13:40:53

I enjoyed it. Not much more to say really, simply I enjoyed it.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 16:01:43

Series 3 of Harlots has started this week but I don't think I'll be watching it as gruelling scenes set in Bedlam are too upsetting. I want something more relaxing so I turned it off after about 20 minutes.

Jaffacake2 Sat 24-Oct-20 08:21:37

I confess to having binge watched series 3 on iPlayer over the past few days ! Really enjoyed it, some intriguing plot diversions and an unexpected ending.
The story went past the initial stereotypes of women of the streets and saw how they struggled to survive with no other means of support. The men seemed to all be on the take with a few pleasant surprises.
Kept me amused . Next waiting for series 4 The Crown

Spangler Sat 24-Oct-20 08:31:41

Pittcity Thu 06-Aug-20 10:29:48
^Seems we are the only ones who watched it Phoenix.
Perhaps they thought the title was for membership of an exclusive GN clique...^
That would be fun.
When I saw the thread heading: "Harlots," I had no idea there was a TV show of that name, what sprung to my mind
was a pointed verbal encounter between the movie siren Jean Harlow and the sharp-tongued English aristocrat Margot Asquith. When Harlow attended a party given by Asquith, the movie star presumptuously referred to the hostess by her first name, and she repeatedly mispronounced it as “Margott”, i.e., she pronounced a “t” at the end of the name. Eventually, Asquith responded with a squelcher:

No, no, Jean. The ‘t’ is silent, as in Harlow.