Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I cancelled netflix

(151 Posts)
craftyone Mon 07-Sep-20 06:56:15

I joined netflix to watch the queen and kept it through lockdown but I decided enough was enough, there has been nothing I wanted to watch on netflix for weeks. M and H signing up was the last straw, I have cancelled. It will most definitely not be missed

vegansrock Mon 07-Sep-20 07:04:56

I think you are in the minority as Netflix subscriptions have soared. We are watching Fauda which is a Netflix original and brilliant. I also recently enjoyed Unorthodox and The Fall. Trouble is , there’s so much on there you often don’t hear of the good stuff,

fevertree Mon 07-Sep-20 07:56:20

I love Netflix, there's so much to choose from. Currently we are watching Young Wallander.

If we were to cancel a service, I'd be cancelling Sky, now there's a waste of money ...

Lucca Mon 07-Sep-20 08:01:54

There is an awful lot on Netflix, not just rubbish. And I can’t imagine why harry and Meghan signing up would cause you to cancel your subscription?!?! You’re not forced to watch anything they do.

dogsmother Mon 07-Sep-20 08:02:52

I love Netflix too. If I had to my way it’s Sky that would go however dh is sports fan so no can do.

Daisymae Mon 07-Sep-20 08:23:08

I have found a lot to watch on Netflix, although nothing that h and m do is of the slightest interest to me. I have no intention of can cancelling.

craftyone Mon 07-Sep-20 09:22:31

got much better things to do with my time than box watch so was certainly not getting value. I don`t need tv to entertain me but I do understand that there are people who need tv to be on.

jusnoneed Mon 07-Sep-20 10:33:04

My son pays for Netflix so I can use his account to watch it but have never found anything on there that I thought interesting, but if Young Wallander is as good as the old Wallander I might be tempted to take a look. Is it similar fevertree?

I mainly use Sky, like to record stuff so I can whizz through adverts. rarely the Beeb/ITV. Telly only goes on mid evening until about 10pm.

Ilovecheese Mon 07-Sep-20 10:38:26

I am thinking a out signing up for Netflix. How do you find out what programmes they show? Is there some sort of contents list?

merlotgran Mon 07-Sep-20 10:42:07

I love Netflix when DH is watching sport or if the weather is awful and we're stuck indoors.

It's often my guilty pleasure when he goes fishing.

MerylStreep Mon 07-Sep-20 10:42:35

Ilovecheese
Just search it. The same with Amazon Prime.

Smileless2012 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:45:35

Another fan of Netflix here. We've watched some brilliant series, the latest being 'The Fall' and some great films. Wouldn't be without it

Grandmabatty Mon 07-Sep-20 10:45:44

I no longer have sky as most of the channels didn't interest me such as sport etc. And the cost was horrific. I have Netflix and Prime as I enjoy films. There are also good documentaries on netflix

quizqueen Mon 07-Sep-20 10:46:56

I hardly watch tv and certainly wouldn't pay for anything else on top of the licence fee. If I want to see a new film or anything special on SKY, I wait until I babysit for my daughter as she is foolish enough to pay for it.

Westcoaster Mon 07-Sep-20 10:55:44

We recently got Netflix via DD account and really enjoy it ... something different from the usual trash.
I'm watching Designated Survivor and the Crown, but have quite a few other programs on my to watch list. Nothing involving M&H included!!!
I will probably even pay for our own account if need be. grin

Davida1968 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:59:36

Have found loads to watch on Netflix - always exchanging recommendations with friends. Never short of anything to watch - from brilliant documentaries with David Attenborough, to wonderfully preposterous (and IMO, immensely watchable) series like "Lucifer".

Ilovecheese Mon 07-Sep-20 11:15:09

I havn't got Amazon Prime either. How do I find out what to search for? Is there a magazine or anything like the Radio Times for Netflix?

jusnoneed Mon 07-Sep-20 11:50:24

If you google Netflix programmes you will get a number of sites come up, netflix.com is their own.

Jane10 Mon 07-Sep-20 11:53:28

What's 'Young Wallander' like?

suziewoozie Mon 07-Sep-20 12:17:13

I enjoy Netflix - documentaries and films. I find it very good value - I piggyback on my daughters subscription 😀

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 07-Sep-20 12:26:32

I watch "free ones" - iPlayer and On Demand (channel 4).

However, I've become a NETFLIX fan. It started with wanting to watch Unforgotten with Nicola Walker. Then it was The Queen (recommended by my daughter). Then The Fall and now I'm nearly at the end of Hinterland.

Young Wallander is next on my list.

I find it excellent value. I was with Prime but, for me, there is far more on Netflix to watch, Love the old films.

Of course there's always Schitt's Creek on Netflix to go back to.

sodapop Mon 07-Sep-20 12:33:17

Same here craftyone used to spend ages looking for things I might like but very little. Waste of money for me. Can't get Amazon Prime out here,

Lucca Mon 07-Sep-20 12:37:36

Quite a few “judgmental” comments here. I Watch Netflix sometimes and sometimes not but that doesn’t mean I “need the TV to be on”

GagaJo Mon 07-Sep-20 12:37:47

I use a free site. Doesn't have much British stuff but enough to keep me entertained when I need brain dead down time.

Oopsminty Mon 07-Sep-20 12:49:28

Netflix is pretty good.

I have no desire to see H&M in anything however many people will want to.

My payment to Netflix is to cater to everyone, not just me!