Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Amanda Holden's Dress BGT

(70 Posts)
avitorl Sat 26-Sep-20 23:13:15

Watching Britain's Got Talent tonight had me watching Amanda Holden's dress more than the Acts.It was so low cut and looked so uncomfortable that I wonder why she would want to wear clothes like that on a TV show. At first I thought her nipples were exposed and then I realised it was wires holding the dress in position ,digging into her breasts giving that appearance.
It seems inappropriate for a family show and I wish the costume department would have a rethink when dressing her and Alyisha Dixon. Perhaps it's me getting old?

TrendyNannie6 Sun 27-Sep-20 18:26:41

I’m not a fan of Amanda Holden, and that awful cackle of hers, so I don’t watch BGT

BlueBelle Sun 27-Sep-20 18:19:18

I don’t watch so googled it It could have been a nice dress but looked pretty daft and as it’s a programme kids like to watch totally inappropriate
I find her quite irritating to be honest in fact I find all the judges irritating can’t stand Walliams and his dirty innuendos
Think it’s long had it’s day
She looks very droopy in the picture you posted chewbacca she definitely likes her boobs perhaps she thinks they are all she’s got to offer

quizqueen Sun 27-Sep-20 18:13:08

I am boycotting BGT but not because I might see a bit
of nipple. In my opinion, Amanda is one of the most beautiful woman on tv and she's over 50. Some of the dresses she wears are a bit low but she still has a lovely figure after 4 pregnancies.

Atqui Sun 27-Sep-20 17:58:39

I googled it , and thought it looked extremely uncomfortable with something digging into each breast!!

Bridgeit Sun 27-Sep-20 17:11:13

What are we women like, just because we can doesn’t mean we should.
If a different shaped lady wore similar she would no doubt have been criticised.
It looked as if it was uncomfortable to me.

paddyanne Sun 27-Sep-20 15:53:30

Stunning dress,she looks amazing .

May7 Sun 27-Sep-20 14:51:27

I thought her dress was beautiful too. I wish I could wear one like that !! hey ho dream on.
Whats so different about Amanda's attention seeking anyway.. dont all celebrities do that?? Isnt that part of being a celebrity

avitorl Sun 27-Sep-20 14:35:35

BGT is obviously very different to a documentary and is meant as entertainment for a wider audience. When I was young Sunday Night at the Palladium was the time we gathered for family entertainment and BGT should be similar.
The dress was beautiful but really didn't need to be cut as low as it was to be beautiful and less,"look at me" and Headline grabbing,it is meant to be a Talent Show and not the Amanda Holden show .But it has served it's purpose and got her noticed though certainly not for her talent.

Katek Sun 27-Sep-20 14:00:30

If that had been her nipple so far up her breast I’d be seriously worried!

MellowYellow Sun 27-Sep-20 13:59:40

(Head down...) I thought she looked lovely. The 'nipples' were obviously shadows.

EllanVannin Sun 27-Sep-20 13:21:48

I thoroughly enjoyed it GG13.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 27-Sep-20 13:17:00

EllanVannin

I watched the Queen and Princess Margaret growing up. A pleasanter couple of hours. Ch.5 on a Saturday.

So did we EV a very interesting documentary.

Oopsminty Sun 27-Sep-20 13:16:54

I rather like Amanda! She gets the most horrendous online abuse. Not really sure why.

The dress was quite beautiful in my opinion. Granted the mic was unfortunately placed.

I am not a huge fan on BGT but we watch it whilst chatting to our daughter on Whatsapp

We did say there would be people commenting on her attire.

EllanVannin Sun 27-Sep-20 13:11:44

I watched the Queen and Princess Margaret growing up. A pleasanter couple of hours. Ch.5 on a Saturday.

EllanVannin Sun 27-Sep-20 13:09:54

Yuk----can't stand the woman anyway and don't watch the show.

Katek Sun 27-Sep-20 12:54:06

It’s a clip on radio mic that’s on edge of dress.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:47:26

Have to admit it's something I often wonder. Do they almost wear dresses like because they are afraid of not being seen as female? There seems to be a competition who can show most flesh - nothing to do with fashion. It's possibly the men who enjoy the view more than us females!!

vegansrock Sun 27-Sep-20 11:44:50

As my OH says - blimey , she’s got all her goods in the shop window

FannyCornforth Sun 27-Sep-20 11:42:49

I've never watched it biba

Parsley3 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:42:01

Is she wearing it back to front?

biba70 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:41:20

Sorry, but one question. Why on earth to do watch this?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 27-Sep-20 11:40:23

Chewbacca

AH does seem to enjoy the controversy her dresses attract! This one seems to defy gravity!

Didn’t watch it, but if that is what she wore I have no words......AH is entitled to wear what she wants but really!!!!!!

MrsRochester Sun 27-Sep-20 11:39:01

She could look so lovely if she employed a bit of discretion.
Can’t be easy, being so needy of attention.

Sparklefizz Sun 27-Sep-20 11:14:01

She has no talent and she's an attention-seeker.

FannyCornforth Sun 27-Sep-20 10:56:12

Chewy! That looks horrendous!shock
Also, apologies re Cowell / all and sundry.