Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Roadkill

(60 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 19-Oct-20 06:55:41

Anyone watched this last night, BBC1, 9pm.?

Has potential, I thought.

Hugh Laurie good, as per usual.

suziewoozie Mon 19-Oct-20 22:18:24

Just watched second episode. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I am tired of kissing frogs

Jaybird55 Mon 19-Oct-20 22:35:34

I wondered if I'd like it as I found I had to concentrate so I could keep up! Most politics is baffling to me but I do love a juicy British drama so I'll persevere.

Nana3 Mon 19-Oct-20 22:40:11

No spoilers please.

Luckygirl Mon 19-Oct-20 22:41:46

Namsnanny - I don't think I gave anything away......I was very careful in my wording.

Maybe we could have a competition........if anyone can work out the ending from what I said I will personally award them a medal!!

Namsnanny Tue 20-Oct-20 00:38:15

Well a description of something is exactly that, however vague!

Dont worry I'm sure I shall forget anything I've read before next weeks episode, let alone the end grin

Davidhs Tue 20-Oct-20 08:00:26

Watched the whole series on iPlayer last night, the minister played by Lawrie is so typical of a career politician, speaking platitudes and behaving outrageously. The PM wasn’t believable but the backstabbing special advisors I’m sure are close to truth.
Enjoy the episodes you haven’t seen, I look forward to the next series.

lemongrove Tue 20-Oct-20 09:31:04

Just watched the first episode, I think I would watch another episode, but only to see if it gets any better.Wasn’t immediately grabbed by it ( and I like political dramas.)
Hugh Laurie is always good in whatever he is in as a rule.

Fennel Tue 20-Oct-20 17:16:38

I wonder if anyone remembers Strangers and Brothers on ITV in the 80s? Based on brilliant books by CP Snow.
Is this a similar story?
www.imdb.com/title/tt0088186/

travelsafar Wed 21-Oct-20 13:54:19

I enjoyed it very much. Watched all the episodes on Iplayer. Hoping there will be another series.

Jane43 Wed 21-Oct-20 16:49:28

The first episode was very promising. You can’t really go wrong with Hugh Laurie and Helen McCrory.

Esspee Wed 21-Oct-20 16:55:57

Loved it!

Sparklefizz Wed 21-Oct-20 17:17:25

Jane43

The first episode was very promising. You can’t really go wrong with Hugh Laurie and Helen McCrory.

I agree! I'm on episode 4 and loving it. It does remind me of House of Cards many moons ago.

Lazyriver Wed 21-Oct-20 17:38:47

Oh dear, I thought it was full and wooden, and gave up after 20 mins!
Mind you I have just re watched the Night Manager, where Hugh Laurie is absolutely terrifying.
Also remember The House of Cards, so Roadkill came out as a poor offering.
Sorry!....

Lazyriver Wed 21-Oct-20 17:39:48

Sorry, bit of a typo. Slow and wooden.

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 09:15:32

Oh no! Been watching it on iPlayer and thought I had one more episode to go but suddenly found I was already on episode 6. It must be a good sign that I wanted more .....

Flossieturner Thu 22-Oct-20 09:18:21

I thought there were only 4 episodes in this series.

DillytheGardener Thu 22-Oct-20 09:32:31

I fell asleep through episode 4, I didn’t realise it was the final episode, I thought I’d catch up with what happened in episode 5, now i find out the series had only 4 in total. I must pay more attention, I have the attention span of a knat!

Sparklefizz Thu 22-Oct-20 09:33:32

You're right, * Flossie*. My mistake. No wonder I got to the end so quickly confused

trisher Thu 22-Oct-20 10:29:35

I watched it but thought it was a bit predictable. I knew what the SPADs were up to- I blame too many episodes of "The Thick of It". And the druggy daughter is a bit of a stereotype. Still I will watch the rest of it to see if there are any surprises.

PECS Mon 26-Oct-20 12:24:13

I enjoyed the first two episodes last night..may do a binge of the rest as DH & I both enjoyed it. Felt it was not too far fetched but had enough 'drama' to make it entertaining. Good actors too!

DiscoDancer1975 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:41:20

We’ve watched two, and will watch the other two tonight. I don’t normally like anything political, unless it’s in the background to the main story. My husband enjoys them. I like the domestic side, emotional etc, but got confused when the journalist girl was in Washington, as to who was who, and the ease at which she found them all. Will persevere, as there’s only two more. If there’d been eight, I would have given up. I don’t think it’s helped us re watching’ Life on Mars’, and ‘ Ashes to Ashes’ again. Sooooo good. This seemed a bit bland after that. Hugh Laurie is good though.

Elrel Tue 27-Oct-20 00:04:48

I’m enjoying it. So few series lately keep my attention.

ginny Tue 27-Oct-20 07:54:54

I got fed up in the first episode and went off to do something else.
DH is enjoying it though.

Jane10 Tue 27-Oct-20 08:11:10

I've now seen two and plan to watch the next two this pm. Interesting how all the various 'underlings' seem in collusion. I wonder how true to life it is.

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 08:13:28

Watched the second episode last night.....boring! Am with you
LazyRiver on this, slow and wooden.