Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

OMG Paxo’s hair!

(66 Posts)
MawB2 Mon 26-Oct-20 20:38:17

Tonight’s University Challenge - shock horror, Jeremy Paxman is sporting floppy locks à la Robert Peston.

Whoever told him that was a good look?

Sparkling Wed 28-Oct-20 06:51:43

And bye the way, you can't do much about not being conventionally handsome unless you go down the cosmetic surgery route. Be who you are and proud of it.

Sparkling Wed 28-Oct-20 06:49:59

Whilst not being a Jeremy fan, I can't understand the unkind comments about his hair. He is old and has a head full of now white locks. He does not look wild and unkempt as if he doesn't dare how he looks, he's smart and well turned out as if he has bothered. I hope he continues to wear his hair how he wants. I object to panellists on other quizzes who look as if they haven't washed and just fallen out of bed in whatever clothes come to hand and act as if the whole thing is a bit of a bind, I switch over as they are depressing to look at.

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 22:50:52

My boss was the mad professor type and nothing like Paxo
who is much more neat and tidy.
Wild hair, beard, socks and sandals, always untidy.
A lovely man.

Puzzler61 Tue 27-Oct-20 17:01:49

What, like Doc Brown garnet ? (Back to the Future)? ?

garnet25 Tue 27-Oct-20 16:41:45

I think he looks very good in a mad professor way.

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 16:41:13

Lucca it rules out a lot of men!

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 16:35:39

Which reminds me, DH needs a haircut. He hasn't got as much as Paxo.
He's offered to trim mine - should I be worried?
It couldn't look much worse, I know I should have chosen a better bowl.

Dinahmo Tue 27-Oct-20 16:35:34

Fringes for men are fashionable at the moment - eg HRVY on Strictly - but mainly young men.

Lucca Tue 27-Oct-20 16:35:17

lemongrove

I like a man with brains too, and a good haircut and a handsome face ( rules out Paxo)

Neatly rules out our PM then ????

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 16:32:36

I like a man with brains too, and a good haircut and a handsome face ( rules out Paxo)

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 16:31:42

?

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 16:28:05

I like a man with enough brains to know when he looks daft!
Mind you, that rules out a fair few.

Lucca Tue 27-Oct-20 16:24:15

I like a man with brains!

Fennel Tue 27-Oct-20 16:16:07

I've just seen a photo and my first thought was It' s joke.
It looks so much like a wig.

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 15:00:49

Lucca shall we share him- I can cut hair.

sparklingsilver28 Tue 27-Oct-20 13:39:59

I simple thought he'd been in a wind tunnel!

Parsley3 Tue 27-Oct-20 13:33:08

I think his manner towards the contestants has softened and there is a glimpse of a sense of humour but I don’t think the hair and glasses flatter the shape of his face.
I am in with a shout with the literature questions but not much else.

JackyB Tue 27-Oct-20 13:21:29

I saw it too. His hair was definitely yellow and I preferred the first pair of glasses he wore the other week.

I did answer some of the questions though. It gives me a warm feeling if I get one wrong but the contestants get it wrong with the same answer!

MayBee70 Tue 27-Oct-20 13:07:13

Callistemon

^I can see the answer I can see the face or book etc but buggered if I can remember the word^

I find going through the alphabet helpful, sometimes when I get to the right letter I remember the word or someone's name.

I 'm now imagining someone on the show doing that....I'm always relieved when someone gets a starter question wrong, loses points and then gets another one right as doing something like that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Puzzler61 Tue 27-Oct-20 10:50:34

Lucca it’s a good job we don’t all fancy the same men. JP is not my cup of tea but clearly he’s yours.
Some of the contestants have - shall we say ‘different’ hair styles and clothing trends going on. I guess when you’re that intelligent it doesn’t matter (tongue in cheek) ?

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 10:48:44

I won't shout but I will say he's not mine.
He looks like hard work.

HootyMcOwlface Tue 27-Oct-20 10:48:03

The yellow tinge might be due to studio lights (to give him the benefit of the doubt). The style though, OMG he looks a right ninny. Puts me in mind of Michael Foot.

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 10:46:40

JP is my fantasy male - I know dont shout! well he is but is the new hairdo for the new girlfriend? Terrible if it is she might be too young for him.

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 10:44:59

I can see the answer I can see the face or book etc but buggered if I can remember the word

I find going through the alphabet helpful, sometimes when I get to the right letter I remember the word or someone's name.

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 10:42:01

I solved one of the walls last night shock
And am I showing my age when I say Dixon of Dock Green was obvious?
If I was given 15 minutes for each question I might get there in the end.