Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

"Industry" - Tuesday evenings, BBC2

(11 Posts)
dahlia Sat 21-Nov-20 14:45:59

Is anyone else watching this series, just shown episode 2 this week? Apart from the plot (which I was grateful to a TV critic for explaining the next day!), there is just so much nudity, both male and female. Is nothing beyond the pale these days? Even to my liberal tastes, this series has reached a new low in gratuitous story lines - though, to be honest, I shall probably continue watching just to see if I can understand the plot, if there is any! Curious to know what other Gransnetters think. blush

Ilovecheese Sat 21-Nov-20 14:59:22

I watched the first episode, can't say I am bothered by the nudity but I don't think I will watch any more because I didn't think any of the characters were likeable, so have no investment in knowing what happens to them.

kittylester Sat 21-Nov-20 15:08:51

DH is watching it - I think it's awful!

toscalily Sat 21-Nov-20 15:10:24

We watched part of the first episode and found none of the characters particularly likeable or interesting, also actors were mumbling and hard to hear with the dialogue peppered with the f work which I dislike. Pity the BBC is now lowering itself to the level of so many American dramas, with constant swearing, probably think they will appeal more to the younger market and do not have to make much effort with making the speech as well as the action interesting.

Ohmother Sat 21-Nov-20 17:17:48

Tried it a second time and left DH to it. The mumbling and the gratuitous sex scenes are not for me thanks.

Jane10 Sat 21-Nov-20 18:56:34

It's interesting I suppose. I just fast forward through the pretty yucky and unnecessary sex scenes. Glad to see others found it a bit mumbly.

TerriBull Sun 22-Nov-20 08:08:54

It's extremely gratuitous, but that's Lena Dunham for you, who I believe is the writer behind it. I watched her "Girls" a while ago, and enjoyed it initially, after a while the just found the graphic nature relentless and got fed up with it so stopped watching it. I tuned into this because I wanted to see an expose on the world of corporate banking, I had an insight into it decades ago when my ex husband worked for a well known American bank, even back than I knew they expected their pound of flesh. I could do without the graphic sex scenes quite honestly I do wonder why they have to be as explicit as they are hmm

dragonfly46 Sun 22-Nov-20 08:18:41

I hate it too but apparently it is based on how some young people behave these days.

25Avalon Sun 22-Nov-20 08:30:57

The younger market don’t watch BBC so why are they pandering to what they perceive to be their tastes? Younger market use Netflix etc and consequently don’t pay a license either.

TerriBull Sun 22-Nov-20 09:33:21

Yes I agree with that, my children definitely watch Netflix to the exclusion of anything on main stream tv. I've often though the BBC don't seem to know or care who their target audience are. For instance in the past week when I've been on I Player the programme they seem to have been promoting over the last seven days relates to rap, I'd love to know what the viewing figures for such a programme, given most followers of that genre of music won't be tuning into the BBC.

overthehill Fri 04-Dec-20 10:08:52

Tried to watch this but actually gave up this week. The banking jargon went completely over our heads and sex scenes don't worry us particularly, but trying to keep up with what was going on there was difficult. If there was actually a story, we couldn't identify it.