Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sorry Netflix again

(65 Posts)
Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 10:11:12

Or other channels .... I don’t have Amazon prime or sky. I’ve run out of things to watch. I’m on series 2 of spiral but find it heavy going, a bit too brutal. Have seen all Line of Duty and The Bridge
I’ve watched Bridgerton Queens Gambit Rita Virgin River seaside hotel on all4 Offspring Rake Grace and Frankie....
Embarrassing how much I’ve watched ! A lot of it in the wee small hours

pensionpat Wed 27-Jan-21 18:58:17

Essjay. Try to get your hands on the final series of Homeland. The ending is brilliant!

Mary59nana Wed 27-Jan-21 17:31:15

Merlotgran glad your enjoying Virginia River
Essjay loved Chesapeke shores cant wait for next series

WW010 Wed 27-Jan-21 10:59:59

I’ve just finished Schitts Creek on Netflix. Daft but made me laugh and cry. OH hated it tho ?. He’s watching Occupied which is quite good. We’re lucky - my DD has Netflix and you can have 5 people on it. They gave us one of their slots so it’s free for us. OH just bought a small smart TV - ostensibly for the grandkids - but it’s got all the streaming services built in. It’s very good. Better than the huge one he watches. Result for me. ?

merlotgran Wed 27-Jan-21 10:42:31

Currently watching Virgin River. It's pretty formulaic American feel good series stuff but good for nights when I'm finding it difficult to drop off!

essjay Wed 27-Jan-21 10:37:54

homeland on netflix, but they only have 7 of the 8 seasons, hopefully they will soon have the 8th. chesapeake shores was another good series

Lovetopaint037 Wed 27-Jan-21 10:25:51

It’s easy to cancel Amazon. During lockdown we have watched so much on Amazon Often enjoyed it more than Netflix.

Lucca Wed 27-Jan-21 08:54:57

Sadly just finished last series of Call my agent. Anything new ?

nadateturbe Tue 19-Jan-21 05:37:02

Thanks aMarynana sounds worth a watch.

Lucca Tue 19-Jan-21 05:27:28

An unfortunate title in British pronunciation Mary59nana!!

Anyone enjoyed Call my Agent ? Series 4 coming on Thursday

Mary59nana Mon 18-Jan-21 13:50:37

Just watched a lovely film with Jane Fonda And Robert Retdford Our souls at night
Made in 2017 it about 2 mature single people forming a friendship in their lonely lives.
Well worth a watch

nadateturbe Mon 18-Jan-21 08:10:36

Borgen was very good

WOODMOUSE49 Sun 17-Jan-21 23:50:54

NETFLIX:
Unforgotten , Criminal (UK), Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Tne Informer

iPlayer:
Spiral

Same with me Lucca. Watching in the wee hours. Binged watched all 4 series of The Bridge that way, Can't praise it highly enough.

LauraNorder Sun 17-Jan-21 23:17:12

I quite enjoyed Borgen on Netflix, a Danish political drama.

nadateturbe Sun 17-Jan-21 23:13:33

Afterlife.
Modern Family
Madmen
Upstart Crow (BBC iplayer)

nadateturbe Sun 17-Jan-21 23:07:59

Schtisel, Unorthodox, Schitts Creek. Watching Caliphate. Tried Bridgerton and Queens Gambit..not for me.
Just watched a film, The Book Club a feelgood film about older ladies, good cast, very enjoyable.

merlotgran Sun 17-Jan-21 23:02:28

I've just watched episode 3. Looking forward to the rest.

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 22:44:43

A very beautiful young man. I gather the actress playing the heroine watched this with her mum (“ Sally off Corrie) but judiciously fast forwarded through the “scenes of an adult nature”

MawBe Sun 17-Jan-21 22:40:01

I have just finished watching “ Bridgerton”. .
Did I mention the Duke? wink
Now that’s a rear I could get close to in a supermarket! ???

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 22:26:05

Mollygo

Lucca

Republic of Doyle? Unforgettable ? Which channel ? Sorry

We watched them on Netflix.

Did you mean Unforgotten ? I’ve watched those !

MiniMoon Sun 17-Jan-21 19:12:43

If you watched Star Trek back in the 60s and enjoyed that, then I think you will like Star Trek Discovery on Netflix.
It is set in the same time period as the original series and is very good, if you like sci-fi.

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 18:45:26

Thank you Molly

Mollygo Sun 17-Jan-21 18:16:59

Lucca

We watched them on Netflix.

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 17:24:45

Lucca
Yes, there are some films/series that you pay for but the vast majority still come in your deal.
What happens is: sooner or later those come on free.

Littleannie Sun 17-Jan-21 17:21:49

I have Britbox, which is 5.99 a month, with 1 month free. If you like all the old TV programmes you will love it. Upstairs Downstairs, Forsyte Saga, Biederbecke Trilogy, Shetland, Our Friends from the North, Minder, Lark Rise, Jewel in the Crown, Morse, Howards End, Hornblower, Downton Abbey, Cranford, Cracker, Clocking Off, Call the Midwife, Brideshead Revisited. And literally hundreds more!
Can somebody tell me, if I sign up for the Netflix free month's trial, is it easy to cancel after that?

Lucca Sun 17-Jan-21 17:14:21