Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Finding Alice

(135 Posts)
Pittcity Sun 17-Jan-21 22:37:30

Does anyone else clean their teeth while on the loo? Very unhygienic.
DH says the toothbrush irtitates his bladder and doing both at once saves time...yuk!

Deedaa Sun 17-Jan-21 22:32:43

It looks like an interesting idea but who on earth lets a man build them a house without having any input at all? And if she's relying on phone banking for her own account surely she should be more au fait with it? Such a good cast I shall have to keep watching.

Blinko Sun 17-Jan-21 22:26:23

Keeley Hawes playing an annoying part again. I watched tonight in case I 'got' it. I didn't.

grannyrebel7 Sun 17-Jan-21 22:22:33

And Joanna! Annoying autocorrect again!

grannyrebel7 Sun 17-Jan-21 22:21:54

Supposed to be Nigel

grannyrebel7 Sun 17-Jan-21 22:21:36

I thought the same, is this supposed to be a dark comedy? Alice made some really stupid comments that I'm sure a grieving widow wouldn't say. Oh hang on, they weren't married were they? Will keep watching though. Really good line up Keeley Hawes, Joanne Lumley & Nigeria Havers.

Hejira Sun 17-Jan-21 22:17:24

The basic premise is good. Sudden death of a middle-aged man. Wife (or partner) discovering there was a lot she didn't know about him. Some poignant moments, however, it's too riddled with silly, unlikely incidents and cliched characters. Not sure if it's meant to be serious or funny.

Pittcity Sun 17-Jan-21 22:15:24

Darkly comical and intriguing. Enjoying it so far.
The first thing I said was that somebody was going to come a cropper on those stairs!!

GrandmasueUK Sun 17-Jan-21 21:54:56

I’m going to download it later, to avoid the ads.

mokryna Sun 17-Jan-21 21:47:28

Is anyone else watching it? Looks interesting.