Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Innocent

(48 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 18-May-21 07:51:11

I fell asleep through most of this, woke up for the last five minutes.

?

It’s on for four nights, is it worth re-watching?

theworriedwell Fri 21-May-21 12:17:15

I thought it was just a photo in his house and he wrote a message on some paper on top of the photo. If you write quite hard the impression goes through and by doing what she did, rubbing over it you can see the message indented on the paper.

If you look up The Birmingham Six and ESDA test it shows how they proved the police tampered with statements to incriminate them. ESDA is a sort of high tech version of rubbing over the paper with a pencil.

tanith Fri 21-May-21 12:07:03

I thought it was just the imprint of a message written by Matty to Sam on a piece of paper laid on the photo. Why would he do that though? I presumed it was his parents photo in the first place lent the school for the memorial but why would Matty have it? Questions questions ? I hate loose ends like that.

mokryna Fri 21-May-21 11:01:24

Emily49

tanith

Bit confused by the message on the back of the photo why was it there? I did enjoy though.

I was confused about the message too. Didn’t the parents say “That’s our only photo of him”?

They did say that it was their only one, so how did the message get written on it, who rubbed it out and who gave it to the parents.

mokryna Fri 21-May-21 10:56:58

GrannyOwl5

mokryna

I couldn’t hear what the DI said to Sally at the top of the stairs in the hotel, when going to arrest Sam. Can anyone put me out of my misery please?

He said “Are you ok?”

Subtitles have their uses ?

Thank yoou

Deedaa Fri 21-May-21 10:51:22

Well I was beginning to think there was something wrong about the husband. All that to and fro between the two women and trying to tell both of them what they wanted to hear. Hadn't thought of the gay angle though.

BlueBelle Fri 21-May-21 08:23:27

Yes I thought they were stand alone I just wondered if I d missed what had happened to his family ?

Calendargirl Fri 21-May-21 06:58:15

The dance was just an advert for itv drama. There is another weird one as well, but not with Katherine Kelly.

The first series of ‘Innocent’ was not connected with this one, as far as I remember. It was about a chap imprisoned for being falsely accused of murdering his wife. It starred Lee Ingleby I think.

Nothing to do with this bereaved detective. They seem to be stand alones.

BlueBelle Fri 21-May-21 06:24:04

sparkling lost me too I thought it was an advert for some other programme ?
I wish subtitles would give written words as in the words on the back of the photo I couldn’t see it at all, also when they read phone texts It would be so helpful ( I texted my daughter and said ‘ what did that say ‘ and she texted back ‘no idea’ ?)
However I really enjoyed that
I don’t think I saw the first series do we know what happened to the detectives wife and child ?

Sparkling Fri 21-May-21 05:52:11

I thoroughly enjoyed Innocent, dubious before watching as there has been so many murders I was avoiding those programmes, I am not I interested in the one BBC have just started. I think Kathy Kelly present a different face in whatever role she is in, so always watch her. Can anyone tell me why at the beginning she does that dance and opens a cupboard with a naked man bound and gagged? I found that weird and unnecessary.

Emily49 Fri 21-May-21 02:19:22

tanith

Bit confused by the message on the back of the photo why was it there? I did enjoy though.

I was confused about the message too. Didn’t the parents say “That’s our only photo of him”?

GrannyOwl5 Thu 20-May-21 23:09:58

mokryna

I couldn’t hear what the DI said to Sally at the top of the stairs in the hotel, when going to arrest Sam. Can anyone put me out of my misery please?

He said “Are you ok?”

Subtitles have their uses ?

mokryna Thu 20-May-21 23:01:22

Gwyneth Thu 20-May-21 22:24:57

Enjoyed it and liked the detective. Had thought Sam might have murdered Matty because he thought there was something going on between him and Sally so the fact that Sam was gay was a real twist.

tanith Thu 20-May-21 22:21:14

EllanVannin Thu 20-May-21 22:12:10

He was the shiftiest character of them all.

Calendargirl Thu 20-May-21 22:07:14

Oh, so the husband it was, and all because of their gay relationship.

Glad she will meet up with sad DI in the future.

Gwyneth Thu 20-May-21 12:25:07

I think it could be sally. I didn’t see the first episode so don’t know why she was acquitted but it seems that she was putting herself in a very vulnerable position buying books for Matty and seeing him alone. But also thinking it could be her husband? Anyway looking forward to finding out tonight.

Teacheranne Thu 20-May-21 12:19:08

Grrrr, I have just discovered that I can find the programme on ITV Hub via my iPad but not on my TV! When I have more time I will investigate further.

Teacheranne Thu 20-May-21 12:10:48

Calendargirl

Teacheranne

I re-watched first episode on ITV Hub on Tuesday.

I must be doing something wrong as I can only find the first series in ITV Hub - I’ve tried using the search facility and looking at Monday’s programmes, I don’t know what else to do! I’ll have to keep trying if it is available as I don’t like being defeated by technology!

Lovetopaint037 Thu 20-May-21 10:40:18

Ps dh thinks it’s the Katherine Kelly character as she is too good to be true. But I think he is wrong, still going with her ex dh.

Squiffy Thu 20-May-21 10:39:26

We're loving the series and still can't decide on the guilty party. I had thought it was the wife-to-be or her daughter, but now I'm edging towards the husband . . . Is there a back story regarding the deaths of the detective's wife and child or was it an accident?

Lovetopaint037 Thu 20-May-21 10:34:11

Yes really looking forward to last episode. Keep changing our minds as to who “did it” but now suspect the husband for no other reason that she is probably going to get together with the bereaved detective. Also. In true Agatha Christie mode he is the least likely suspect. If it turns out to be the prospective new wife who has involved her daughter then the way would be clear for Katherine Kelly to get back her married life but what about the bereaved detective unless he is going to be placed in other continuing dramas still suffering as policeman have to do on tv.

EllanVannin Thu 20-May-21 09:11:43

So many suspects all having their reasons, and now and again I find myself mulling it over to try and pick out who said or who did what.
Katherine Kelly is so good, then I've always liked her. Strange how the " old" Corrie women have done well in series like this.

Kim19 Thu 20-May-21 08:56:54

Yep, rather enjoying this. Particularly like the functioning of the police team. They are individually perceptive but gel perfectly when required. I've decided who the guilty party is but can't divulge here in the interests of not making a complete ass of myself. Tend to go for the apparently least likely.

Charleygirl5 Thu 20-May-21 08:49:15

I personally think that Innocent is the better of the two but I am also enjoying the BBC1 and I am looking forward to next week also.

I think she may get back with Sam. Karen appears to be a nasty piece of work. Tonight will reveal all.