Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Innocent

(47 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 18-May-21 07:51:11

I fell asleep through most of this, woke up for the last five minutes.

?

It’s on for four nights, is it worth re-watching?

tanith Tue 18-May-21 08:09:09

I enjoyed it and I thought Catherine Kelly was excellent.

Gingster Tue 18-May-21 08:32:12

Yes I thought it was good , also watched The Pact . Enjoyed that too. Annoying that they’re both on at the same time ?

Aldom Tue 18-May-21 08:38:40

Yes, definitely worth re-watching. I missed the first episode but enjoyed watching the second last night.

BigBertha1 Tue 18-May-21 09:05:09

I liked it but did nod off. I shall keep going.

shysal Tue 18-May-21 09:27:29

Does it have a previous series that needs to be watched first?

sodapop Tue 18-May-21 09:30:59

No shysal it's a stand alone series I understand. I enjoyed it as well.

shysal Tue 18-May-21 09:44:14

Thank you sodapop, I have recorded it so will watch.

Shropshirelass Tue 18-May-21 09:49:36

We enjoyed it too, will watch each episode. Catherine Kelly excellent as always.

Cabbie21 Tue 18-May-21 09:49:54

Katherine Kelly is a great actor. I used to teach her once upon a time,( though she was no good at my subject).
The series is worth watching. I didn’t enjoy the first series very much but this looks more promising.

Jane43 Tue 18-May-21 10:26:13

I did enjoy Innocent but I’m not sure I will carry on watching The Pact as there have been many similar dramas in the past.

Charleygirl5 Tue 18-May-21 11:26:25

I watched both and I am so glad I did because I enjoyed both. I also would have been happier if they were not shown at the same time.

Calendargirl Tue 18-May-21 13:52:22

Just re-watched the first episode. Yes, it was very good. Must stay awake tonight!

The way that bank clerk spoke to Katherine Kelly was totally out of order. She should have reported her.

Lisagran Wed 19-May-21 22:03:41

Ooh, I think this is very good - hope the final episode doesn’t disappoint!! Who do you think killed Marty?

BlueBelle Wed 19-May-21 22:14:58

It’s really good and great acting really believable with lots of twists and turns
I like four nights in a row(. (too quick to forget the plot)
Going to binge watch The pact when this has finished
Excellent drama

Jane43 Wed 19-May-21 23:52:20

I am really enjoying this, I just couldn’t call who killed him, it is very cleverly written.

Teacheranne Thu 20-May-21 01:46:44

I missed the first episode although have saved the others. As far as I can see, the first episode is not yet available on Catch Up but I’m hoping it will go on there soon, perhaps when the series is finished.

Calendargirl Thu 20-May-21 06:48:18

Teacheranne

I re-watched first episode on ITV Hub on Tuesday.

Calendargirl Thu 20-May-21 06:51:11

Hmm, not sure as to killer. Sam’s fiancée is very strange, really don’t know how he hooked up with her.

I wondered if Sally would find romance with the bereaved detective inspector, but am not 100% convinced by her innocence either really.

Tonight we shall find out.

Aldom Thu 20-May-21 06:51:38

Teacheranne Earlier episodes of Innocent, series two can be seen on ITV hub.

theworriedwell Thu 20-May-21 07:59:42

I've been watching it, I think it is good and hard to guess who the killer is. When it finishes I watch The Pact on iplayer which is OK but I prefer Innocent.

LullyDully Thu 20-May-21 08:42:42

What a lot of suspects. Some more obvious than others, which may rule them out. Maybe the step daughter, but I'm not putting money on it.

By the sound of it, we chose correctly not watching the one on BBC.

Charleygirl5 Thu 20-May-21 08:49:15

I personally think that Innocent is the better of the two but I am also enjoying the BBC1 and I am looking forward to next week also.

I think she may get back with Sam. Karen appears to be a nasty piece of work. Tonight will reveal all.

Kim19 Thu 20-May-21 08:56:54

Yep, rather enjoying this. Particularly like the functioning of the police team. They are individually perceptive but gel perfectly when required. I've decided who the guilty party is but can't divulge here in the interests of not making a complete ass of myself. Tend to go for the apparently least likely.

EllanVannin Thu 20-May-21 09:11:43

So many suspects all having their reasons, and now and again I find myself mulling it over to try and pick out who said or who did what.
Katherine Kelly is so good, then I've always liked her. Strange how the " old" Corrie women have done well in series like this.