Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Pact (BBC series)

(32 Posts)
Chestnut Thu 20-May-21 23:35:37

I'm gripped! This has an interesting and original plot and there is a surprise in every episode. Something unexpected is revealed and you really don't know where the next episode will take you. That is what keeps you watching.

Gannygangan Thu 20-May-21 23:38:55

Binge watched it.

Pretty good viewing as long as you can suspend belief!

Chestnut Thu 20-May-21 23:53:35

I think you have to do that with everything really. But what in particular? Don't give anything away though as it hasn't all been transmitted yet except on iPlayer.

Eloethan Fri 21-May-21 00:45:28

I thought it was good up until the end, which, in my opinion, was absolutely ridiculous.

Sparkling Fri 21-May-21 05:54:02

Definitely one to miss for me, nothing about it draws me to it.

keepingquiet Fri 21-May-21 06:13:11

I thought it looked ok so watched first episode. When the women went back he had his trousers pulled back up, and they never noticed- that made my mind up!

Washerwoman Fri 21-May-21 07:40:00

Binge watched here because I actually got gripped and wanted to know what happened. Not a perfect drama and yes agree with the trouser thing in first episode!But different and actually thought some very good acting from the younger cast members in particular.

TerriBull Fri 21-May-21 08:00:33

I caught up with it on BBC IPlayer last night, we've been watching the other one with Katherine Kelly on ITV. I've seen 1 and a half episodes so far, thought it was quite good. Both programmes are set in beautiful places.

Daisymae Fri 21-May-21 08:44:06

Keep thinking what lovely houses everyone has! They must pay well in the factories of Wales.

Chestnut Fri 21-May-21 23:48:32

Just finished it and thought the ending okay. It had to end somehow. I thought it was a good watch.
My main gripe was that the women had been to a party and would not have wanted to tramp through the damp muddy woods in their party shoes! They would have left dozens of footprints near the body but the Police didn't look for any DNA, footprints or tyre tracks in the woods. The women's shoes would have been covered in mud when they got home but no-one checked their shoes.

Chestnut Sat 22-May-21 11:11:46

I think the best things about it was there was an unexpected surprise at the end of each episode which kept you guessing and made you want to keep watching. The plot was not predictable and there were secrets which were slowly uncovered.

Alima Thu 27-May-21 12:50:52

I watched the first episode and wasn’t particularly keen to watch the rest. I then read that someone had inadvertently watched the last episode first. I’ll give that a go I thought. Glad I did, only wasted two hours instead of 6. (When the brother and sister followed the women on their bikes reminded me of a Famous Five escapade).
Beautiful scenery though.

TerriBull Thu 27-May-21 13:08:58

I've watched it all now thought it was pretty good as these sort of dramas go.

kittylester Thu 27-May-21 13:24:55

Me too Terribull

lemongrove Thu 27-May-21 13:55:32

keepingquiet

I thought it looked ok so watched first episode. When the women went back he had his trousers pulled back up, and they never noticed- that made my mind up!

Yes, DH noticed that, quite a glaring mistake, unless more is revealed ( forgive the pun!) in subsequent episodes?

Floradora9 Thu 27-May-21 14:58:51

We finished watching it on i Player what a great story .

Welshwife Thu 27-May-21 15:52:53

Didn’t they discuss the trouser thing and decide not to leave him like that? He was a horrible nasty piece of work though! Max looks very different from the clean cut young copper he played as the sidekick in Midsomer!

sodapop Thu 27-May-21 16:55:39

I'm enjoying it so far, not the best drama I've seen but it kept me interested and the characters were quite varied.
Please no spoilers as I have to wait until next week for the final episodes.

BlueBelle Thu 27-May-21 17:21:00

keepingquiet welshwife is correct the girls said they should pull his pants up before they left him and that’s what they did It wasn’t a mistake
We haven’t had the last episodes yet sodapop

TrendyNannie6 Thu 27-May-21 17:25:59

I’ve heard so many comments that it’s brilliant I will be binge watching it next week

Calendargirl Wed 02-Jun-21 13:08:20

Watched the last one last night.

Anna and her family were particularly unlovable I thought, but all the characters were odd.

Was Louie abused by her brother? Was she Jack’s birth mother, as I never picked up on where his mother was?

Not sure when any actual work was done in the brewery,

Greeneyedgirl Wed 02-Jun-21 13:12:13

Thought it was really good in parts but ending was terrible.

ginny Wed 02-Jun-21 13:37:21

I enjoyed it up to the last 10 minutes or so. Too many loose ends. Could there be a sequel ?

eazybee Wed 02-Jun-21 13:46:56

Wasn't sure whose face I wanted to smack the most: Anna or Tamsin.
And the baby, what an inheritance. As somebody said at some point, the murderer is till out there.
Nancy reminded me of the Patricia Routledge character in Talking Heads', she will probably find herself in prison.

muse Wed 02-Jun-21 14:11:38

Watched the whole lot a week ago. Good plot but so many pho pars. Women said they couldn’t leave him but no mention of pulling trousers up. Watched that bit again.

Car seen on CCTV but the 2 bikes should also have been seen. How on earth did the two keep up with the car? Average speed on a bike is about 10mph

Where was the forensic evidence?There must have been something on his clothing from the boot.