Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly, yay!

(1001 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Sat 14-Aug-21 09:50:33

So, fellow fans, what do we think of the lineup? A very mixed bunch, personally only know of five, I’m sure we will soon have our favourites. Can’t wait for the glitz and glamour to brighten the long dark nights looming?

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 08:51:10

TillyTrotter

I have always found Anton to be a little silly. He is always trying to get a laugh and make everything his idea of Funny, yet to me he isn’t.
As an Professional I would like him to presis the dances, not skim over the dances and do all that pursing of lips and flapping about.
Too big an ego dare I suggest?

Yes. Exactly this Tilly

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 08:50:00

Bring back Darcey or Arlene Phillips (remember her?) and Bruno.

Shirley used to be sensible but now she gets up and does a few moves and goes doolally over a male dancer's bare chest, and Motsi is completely OTT.

Millie22 Sun 05-Dec-21 08:45:11

I do like Anton but what was he doing last night. Too much standing up sitting down going ooh all the time and not actually saying anything. Rose was absolutely fabulous as usual and Rhys really deserves to be in the semi-final after that tango.

Casdon Sun 05-Dec-21 08:41:27

I think Bruno is missed, as is Darcey. I don’t like judges who gush and mark high when there are faults, without mentioning any names, but three of them on the panel is too much.

Rhys and Nancy were best last night in my opinion, I didn’t really see progress in any of the others. I felt sorry for AJ, her nerves got the better of her, but it should be Dan who goes.

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 08:18:50

I have always found Anton to be a little silly. He is always trying to get a laugh and make everything his idea of Funny, yet to me he isn’t.
As an Professional I would like him to presis the dances, not skim over the dances and do all that pursing of lips and flapping about.
Too big an ego dare I suggest?

Josianne Sun 05-Dec-21 08:16:54

And yes, Anton appears to be going bonkers. He is making it all about him.

Josianne Sun 05-Dec-21 08:15:26

So glad you caught up with it Grannynannywanny and I think most of us agree with your comments.
Yes, the opening number was sublime and told such a story.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 08:05:14

I have just read online that Bruno is due to come back and that Anton was only supposed to be temporarily filling his seat ...... What will happen I wonder.

Grandmabatty Sun 05-Dec-21 07:58:30

Trying to recreate Bruno perhaps Sparklefizz?

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 07:56:14

What's going on with Anton these days? He snorts and snuffles and makes funny noises and "acts out" what he wants to say and seems to have become somewhat manic. Why can't he just speak in straight sentences? Anyone else notice?

Grannynannywanny Sun 05-Dec-21 00:15:38

I eventually caught up with the show on iPlayer and loved it. Rhys and Nancy were top place for me tonight. Their performance was mesmerising. I felt they just nudged Rose and Giovanni’s beautiful dance into 2nd place tonight. John and Johannes were great and I think safe for another week.

Dan hopefully in the dance off this week with probably AJ who didn’t have her best night. If Dan lands in the dance off surely the judges won’t save him. If he’s not in the dance off then whoever leaves is a much better dancer than Dan.

Aside from the celebrity dancers, I thought the professionals opening dance was absolutely beautiful starring Oti and Graziano. It was my favourite opening dance of the series.

Dinahmo Sat 04-Dec-21 23:35:52

I've been reading the Guardian blog and subsequent comments. For the first time ever I checked the spoiler - just couldn't wait until tomorrow night. But I'm not saying who so please don't shout at me.

Calistemon Sat 04-Dec-21 22:42:06

Deedaa

I wonder what the result of the public vote will be. They are all so close. I thought AJ's dance wasn't right for her, made her look clumsily leggy rather than graceful. Rhys's tango was superb and Rose was as lovely as ever. Can't even pick a top three let alone a winner.

I wouldn't mind those legs, though, clumsy or not!

MayBeMaw Sat 04-Dec-21 22:38:48

I agree with so much that has been said about tonight’s programme. Rhys and Rose were excellent but I found the others underwhelming. AJ and Kai seemed to be trying too hard to be “stunning” and ended up with a disjointed and not particularly fluid dance. I agree too about Johannes flouncing around and upstaging John, it’s something I have seen before, where the professional seems to be trying to over-compensate and merely highlights the celebrity’s lack of expertise. (Kevin was always very good at choreographing dances which showcased his celebrity’s strengths)
For once I didn’t really care about any of them sad

Deedaa Sat 04-Dec-21 22:37:39

I wonder what the result of the public vote will be. They are all so close. I thought AJ's dance wasn't right for her, made her look clumsily leggy rather than graceful. Rhys's tango was superb and Rose was as lovely as ever. Can't even pick a top three let alone a winner.

BigBertha1 Sat 04-Dec-21 22:19:33

Rhys Tango was wonderful.

Grannynannywanny Sat 04-Dec-21 22:08:44

It's just popped up there, just a minute ago Grannynannywanny!
Thanks so much Alegrias1, I’ll go and have a catch up now. I’m in no rush to go to bed with 2+ hours sleep under my belt!

TillyTrotter Sat 04-Dec-21 21:40:06

Ohhhh Grannynw you must have been tired.

kissngate Sat 04-Dec-21 20:56:37

Rhys was my favourite tonight followed by Rose. Rhys nailed his dance already watched it twice, am-a-zing.
Didn't enjoy John's samba, AJs salsa or Dan's tango. Thought John wooden, Dan stiff and AJ looked heavy footed most of the time. If Dan is in the top two of public vote he won't be in dance off. Predict John v AJ.

Mollygo Sat 04-Dec-21 20:56:35

Josianne

If AJ is in the dance off against Dan then she should easily win. If it is AJ against Rhys and she does the lifts, she could be in with a chance.
For me Rose, Rhys, AJ in the final.

I’d like to see those three in the final too but I’d like AJ to win.

Alegrias1 Sat 04-Dec-21 20:54:44

Grannynannywanny

I can’t find it there Alegrias1. The last episode currently showing is last week’s. Hopefully it’ll appear later. I’d love to know how it’s possible for me to sleep for 2 solid hours hunched up in a chair but not in a comfy bed!

It's just popped up there, just a minute ago Grannynannywanny!

Josianne Sat 04-Dec-21 20:49:05

If AJ is in the dance off against Dan then she should easily win. If it is AJ against Rhys and she does the lifts, she could be in with a chance.
For me Rose, Rhys, AJ in the final.

Grannynannywanny Sat 04-Dec-21 20:38:23

I can’t find it there Alegrias1. The last episode currently showing is last week’s. Hopefully it’ll appear later. I’d love to know how it’s possible for me to sleep for 2 solid hours hunched up in a chair but not in a comfy bed!

Charleygirl5 Sat 04-Dec-21 20:37:28

According to the results it should be AJ and Dan in the bottom two. It will be a disgrace if it is Rhys. I do hope Dan goes tonight- he really should not be in the semi-finals.

Sweetpeasue Sat 04-Dec-21 20:34:13

Oh Grannynannywanny Hope you can catch it, what a shame.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion