Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Strictly, yay!

(1001 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Sat 14-Aug-21 09:50:33

So, fellow fans, what do we think of the lineup? A very mixed bunch, personally only know of five, I’m sure we will soon have our favourites. Can’t wait for the glitz and glamour to brighten the long dark nights looming?

lavenderzen Sun 05-Dec-21 20:07:47

Yes, glad to see Dan gone.
Be good to watch next week's semi final.
I have a feeling Rose will win.
Still keep saying it but I do wish Adam was still in. If Dan had gone when he should have we might still have had Adam.

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 20:07:45

I agree with all you’ve said Sparklefizz.
Really enjoyed seeing AJ & Kai’s dance at it’s best. AJ is phenomenal!

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 20:04:08

Bye bye to Tango Dan at last (anyone else get fed up with hearing him refer to himself as this?)

Thank goodness Rhys is through after all the times when he shouldn't have been in the dance off. I could have cried for him.

It was great to see what AJ's lift should have been like.

Next week is going to be such an exciting semi final. Can't wait!!

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 18:41:09

Just googled her and Darcey looks busy …….

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 18:39:30

I wonder if Darcey would consider coming back Charleygirl - I don’t know what her work entails these days?
Now Arlene is receiving a hefty ITV payday from her appearance for 3 weeks in I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, the Beeb would find it hard to pay her what she would want.

Calendargirl Sun 05-Dec-21 18:21:07

Michael Flatley might be good as a guest judge.

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Dec-21 17:11:20

My dream team would be Arlene, Darcey, Craig and Bruno - forget Anton .... his ego is getting the better of him and he thinks he is much funnier than he is.

Charleygirl5 Sun 05-Dec-21 16:20:52

TillyTrotter I would think each will receive a different amount, possibly with Craig receiving the most.

My dream team would be Arlene, Darcey, Craig, Bruno and Anton.

Thankfully Cynthia has gone.

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 15:36:57

Can I be considered for a job as a Judge next year please? I have watched every series, so have experience
and I can chivvy the Celebs with critiques like “you looked like you went out there and really enjoyed yourself”.
I wonder what each Judge is paid?

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 15:35:44

They should be dropping Arlene a line. Not only is she an experienced top choreographer she is very much on TV at present and will be one of the judges on Dancing on Ice.

Mollygo Sun 05-Dec-21 15:21:34

Charleygirl15 that would make sense of the casting vote. It would also extend the program, maybe the BBC should look at it.

Charleygirl5 Sun 05-Dec-21 15:18:41

I read online today that Craig would like 5 judges next year, keeping Anton when Bruno returns.

Motsi and Shirley should not be standing up and applauding whenever they have enjoyed watching a couple dance.

I understand it is a show but there is still the competitive element there.

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 13:54:50

Oh, forgot actually DAME Arlene Phillips.

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 13:52:45

I like her Grannynannywanny. She's a tough cookie isn't she? It was pure ageism when Strictly didn't renew her contract.

Grannynannywanny Sun 05-Dec-21 12:46:45

Arlene Philips is currently in I’m A Celebrity this year in the Welsh castle. She’s coming across well and up for any challenge that comes her way. Her fellow contestants appear genuinely fond of her and are protective of her. I didn’t realise till recently she is 78.

Dinahmo Sun 05-Dec-21 12:29:43

Sparklefizz

I have just read online that Bruno is due to come back and that Anton was only supposed to be temporarily filling his seat ...... What will happen I wonder.

Anton is marginally better than Shirley. She should go.

GrandmasueUK Sun 05-Dec-21 12:16:41

I agree with most of the views here. Anton used to be the sensible on, but it is like watching him morph into Len/Bruno! I loved Rhys's dance and found myself holding my breath part way through. I always like watching Rose, her joy is infectious and I think Gio has calmed down a lot. AJ and John both had blips, but I liked both of the dances. Johannes' facial expressions made me laugh, probably not in a good way! Dan was Dan. I just can't take to him, although last night he didn't keep interrupting the judges with his comments.

It will be interesting to see the Dance off tonight!

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 10:35:59

But I STILL love the show!! ?

Sweetpeasue Sun 05-Dec-21 10:32:22

Arlene Phillips was fantastic as a judge. She's a great choreographer (anyone remember Hot Gossip) and she's choreographed many theatre performances. Anton is no substitute for Bruno and is acting rather silly. Bruno can do 'silly' much better.
I'm afraid I'm finding the constant publicity seeking by Shirley is now starting to irritate.

Josianne Sun 05-Dec-21 10:09:16

Talking of judges comments, last week someone on here was complaining that Gordon Ramsay was inciting the booing. I think last night we witnessed that all that is an act between Craig and the professional dancers, who were definitely out in force with their boos. I've also seen Motsi and Shirley do the hand on hips stance at Craig and maybe Motsi stick out her tongue. Yes, all for entertainment, I guess.

Mollygo Sun 05-Dec-21 09:55:07

It’s so funny about the judges. We really don’t like change. The comments about Darcey at first were quite similar to what I’m reading about Anton. Shirley was always going to be a target because she replace Len. Motsi is ‘shouty’ and her hair is always good for a comment or two.
Craig . . . is Craig and until this year has only been criticised for his low marks. This year he actually dared to give out higher ones, even when dancers’ errors had been mentioned and was criticised for that instead. It’s all part of the entertainment and fires up the audience, live and virtual to vote. Good for revenue.

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 09:10:00

*top notch , not too notch!

Gwyneth Sun 05-Dec-21 09:04:29

Yes I agree Casdon far too much gushing from three of the judges. They actually say very little and it’s getting a bit boring. I think there should definitely be changes for a future Strictly. I thought Rose and Rhys danced well last night.

Calendargirl Sun 05-Dec-21 09:00:32

To me, Anton seems to have morphed into a combination of Bruno and Len Goodman, neither of which I find acceptable.

The Cockney Len “OK my son” type chat, and Manic Bruno,

He seemed better early on in the series.

The only judge who I respect is Craig, who says it how it is, doesn’t give over-inflated marks, offers constructive advice and
doesn’t waffle on for ages.

TillyTrotter Sun 05-Dec-21 08:54:17

I voted Rhys as his ballroom dances are now too notch IMO,
AJ - she will need saving by the public after her and Kai finished at the bottom of the leader board,
and John as he is such a good dancer at Latin and Ballroom.
I’m sure Rose will be safe and doesn’t need my vote ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion