Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The White Lotus

(37 Posts)
Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-Aug-21 08:38:51

Watched this over the last couple of days, the first episode was a bit slow, but it was a very good series. The usual warnings ie drug taking nudity etc. But quite funny.
The Hotel manager was certainly outward smiles and inward screams! An Australian Basil Fawlty, but I sympathised with him having to deal with the rich entitled Americans.
Connie Britton stars with some other familiar faces and a lovely beach.

Kate54 Sun 22-Aug-21 13:15:12

Point taken! I think it was the angle.....

Stella14 Sun 22-Aug-21 14:53:09

celialillian

I watched it, it was funny, and thought of Basil Faulty straight away. The one scene of nudity was so brief it was hardly noticed. How can mature women be shocked at this, We all know what men look like and women look like, this is the 21st centaury not Victorian era. I would never judge a new series on the first showing, like a book you have to be introduced to the characters and the theme of the story. You will seldom find a first episode of anything riveting. Give it a chance you might be missing something really good.

Absolutely this ☝️ I’m shocked at adults being shocked. It’s just the human body being shown briefly in context!

Tina1957 Sun 22-Aug-21 15:20:44

Loved this series, hope they make series 2.

Tina1957 Sun 22-Aug-21 15:20:44

Loved this series, hope they make series 2.

madeleine45 Sun 22-Aug-21 17:59:39

Well at the moment I have no tv working at all as the Bilsdale aerial had a fire about 10 days ago. The only tv I can watch is on my laptop, which is quite small, but has allowed me to keep watching Baptiste and the odd thing or two so cannot record anything or watch anything much. A friend has got a small amount of channels but despite following her instructions no such luck on my screen so far. Thank goodness that my radio is working well and so can still get my most important radio3 and some radio 4 with odd bits and pieces of other things. Having a lot of back pain at present and very frustrating seeing just what I could be doing outside but not able to do much . So am about to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee, radio 3 music, and carry on with my reading of Yorkshire Post magazine and am reading an autobiography of Betty Boothroyd of her time as speaker of the house of commons. No great nudity scenes in that as far as I can see. So long as I can have some Bach and something good to read I shall be quite happy for now.

Gabrielle56 Mon 23-Aug-21 11:20:16

PRIME!

Gabrielle56 Mon 23-Aug-21 11:22:02

Me also! It's funny how some progs have loads of warnings from mild peril(my fave!) To drugs sex violence etc ......then rate as suitable for 15and over!?! Sometimes even 12!

Namsnanny Mon 23-Aug-21 13:55:59

TLVgran48

The beautiful Hawaiian music can be found on Spotify under this: Nā Mele Hawai'i: A Rediscovery of Hawaiian Vocal Music
Album by Rose Ensemble. Didn't like the original music very much, but these songs are heavenly.

Didnt like the original music very much
The original music was too overpowering for me TLVGran48.
I couldn't hear some of the more muffled conversations.

ginny Tue 24-Aug-21 17:42:02

Watched the first episode this afternoon. Not sure about it yet.
That scene didn’t shock me but it didn’t go so well with my tea and biscuits !

BelindaB Thu 26-Aug-21 14:46:46

Sorry - started to watch but lost the will to live after about 15 min's....won't be watching it again.

lemongrove Mon 06-Sep-21 22:07:14

We binge watched it all ? really enjoyable series.