Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The White Lotus

(36 Posts)
Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 16:14:05

I started to watch it. Not sure if it's the production but there seemed to be a rather brown light over it all. It could be my TV but it's perfect on all other programmes.
Somehow it just didn't hold me. I gave up. Disappointed though.

henetha Thu 19-Aug-21 11:54:03

I loved this. Clever satire.

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 11:16:48

Thanks. Will check it out this pm. I'm needing a change from 'Virgin River'!

Namsnanny Thu 19-Aug-21 11:07:19

It's on sky Atlantic Aveline, but I get it through the Now box.

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 09:34:50

But which channel or streaming service?!

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-Aug-21 09:31:38

Oh, we noticed it Kate but it was ‘in context’ as they say and until you get to the end of the series there isn’t any thing else that will pop up to shock you.
Although I’m so used to DH having films on with carnage, blood and gore flying all over the place , some gentle nudity and humour is a nice change.

Kate54 Thu 19-Aug-21 09:22:25

This series got rave reviews but no one seemed to notice the ‘hilarious’ full view of male genitalia (wife inspecting the area as husband worried about possible cancer) in episode one. I’m not a prude (or maybe I am by today’s standards) but I reached for the remote control immediately. Who needs that? Amazed it was allowed to be honest.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-Aug-21 09:09:40

Sorry forgot to put the Channel, love the music though especially the closing credits.

Jaxjacky Thu 19-Aug-21 09:02:51

One and a half episodes in, gosh you feel like you want to shake some of them!
Lucca Sky Atlantic.

Lucca Thu 19-Aug-21 08:40:22

Where is this on ?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 19-Aug-21 08:38:51

Watched this over the last couple of days, the first episode was a bit slow, but it was a very good series. The usual warnings ie drug taking nudity etc. But quite funny.
The Hotel manager was certainly outward smiles and inward screams! An Australian Basil Fawlty, but I sympathised with him having to deal with the rich entitled Americans.
Connie Britton stars with some other familiar faces and a lovely beach.