Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Silent Witness 6/9

(32 Posts)
Katek Tue 07-Sep-21 10:45:09

Hmm, it’s missing something after the departure of two principal characters. I’ll keep watching and see if it picks up, but I was pretty underwhelmed by the first episode. Oh and would the make up department please cut back on Nikki’s contouring? Way too much!!

merlotgran Tue 07-Sep-21 10:57:28

I agree and seeing as we’ve just had a BBC drama centred on violence in a prison I couldn’t summon up any enthusiasm.

Charleygirl5 Tue 07-Sep-21 11:02:34

I did not watch the last series so I actually enjoyed last night's episode so I am looking forward to tonight. My only hope is it is not dragged on for longer.

cornergran Tue 07-Sep-21 11:08:39

We spent the winter lockdown re-watching from the beginning, stopped when we began to remember the outcome. We enjoyed the earlier series much more and were also a little disappointed with last nights episode, all a bit predictable really.

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Sep-21 11:18:56

As we don’t watch the reality shows, strictly, repair shop and the like and remembering all the repeats on many channels in the last year or so, a new series of this genre is welcomed. We’ll give it time, as OH works full time, we go for easy viewing if there’s no football!

Katek Tue 07-Sep-21 11:43:19

I’ve done the same cornergran and I’ve particularly enjoyed the episodes with William Gaminara/Leo Dalton and the gorgeous Harry/Tom Ward! . Was never keen on Amanda Burton though.

yggdrasil Tue 07-Sep-21 13:08:47

I found it intensly annoying that Nikki took everything on herself, especially when she had connections that should have made her disqualify herself. There aren't enough people in her department, they need more recruits. It isn't the same without Clarissa anyway

cornergran Tue 07-Sep-21 13:15:31

Agree katek although I didn’t mind Amanda Burton. We’ll hang on in there with the new series, as the song goes things can only get better.

Aldom Tue 07-Sep-21 13:23:33

Anyone know how Leo Dalton's character died in the last series of Silent Witness please?

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 07-Sep-21 13:29:05

I stopped watching SW ages ago. I found it so unrealistic that a pathologist would be chasing round like a detective. Same applies to The Coroner.

Susan56 Tue 07-Sep-21 13:29:46

Like others we have been watching from Series one during and since lockdown.We have about four series to go.I too like the Leo and Harry days although I do like the relationship between Clarissa and Jack.

Elizabeth1 Tue 07-Sep-21 13:40:27

I watched an episode of silent witness last night and got a huge shock I nearly screamed out loud when a man lying in a corner jumped back into life only for it only to be a nightmare. I actually liked this episode and I’ll continue to watch the rest. Sorry I can’t remember these actors name I never could.

Deedaa Wed 08-Sep-21 15:44:06

I was never able to take Amanda Burton seriously in it after watching the French and Saunders version. I enjoyed this week's but do miss William Gaminara.

eazybee Wed 08-Sep-21 16:58:00

It is time for Emilia Fox to move on; she is wasting her talents in this dreary series. What has happened to Clarissa, anyway?

DillytheGardener Wed 08-Sep-21 18:34:40

eazybee you are bang on the money. It’s so dreary with the banter between jack and Clarissa. I met the actress who plays Clarissa and she was SO lovely! I met many celebrities through my old work, was she was most gracious and lovely. Was thrilled when I said I was fan, and generously asked if I wanted to ask her anything about the show

DillytheGardener Wed 08-Sep-21 18:35:13

*without the banter. What I’d do for a gosh dang edit button!

Aldom Wed 08-Sep-21 18:52:34

Does anyone know how Thomas met his demise please?

Visgir1 Wed 08-Sep-21 19:27:34

Deedaa

I was never able to take Amanda Burton seriously in it after watching the French and Saunders version. I enjoyed this week's but do miss William Gaminara.

Totally agree.. We refer to this program as " I know this woman" it was funny tho '
It's a bit unbelievable at the moment Nicki and Jack appear to be the only ones working in a Lab if this callable.
Thomas, can't quite remember how he died? Some form of Chemical?

Katek Wed 08-Sep-21 19:37:30

Leo was killed by a bomb in Afghanistan saving the rest of the team (what else!) and Thomas died after being exposed to a chemical which nearly killed Jack.

Callistemon Wed 08-Sep-21 19:58:32

Germanshepherdsmum

I stopped watching SW ages ago. I found it so unrealistic that a pathologist would be chasing round like a detective. Same applies to The Coroner.

Yes, it is unrealistic and very annoying.
We tried again after years but have given up on it.

I suppose if they want to make these types of programmes exciting, they have to suspend reality.

Aldom Wed 08-Sep-21 21:19:14

Kaytec Thank you. smile

GillT57 Wed 08-Sep-21 22:55:06

Disappointing and probably wont bother with any more episodes. I found it far fetched and inaccurate. Just one senior detective investigation? Emilia Fox character stepped well outside her professional remit of presenting facts, not wandering around prisons taking swabs. Frankly it was rubbish and I wish I had taken my original choice last night of watching A House in Time instead.

Eloethan Thu 09-Sep-21 00:40:39

On the few occasions that I've tried to watch Silent Witness I have been unimpressed. I don't think it is at all realistic and I don't think Emilia Fox is a particularly good actress.

Lincslass Thu 09-Sep-21 06:37:41

Katek

I’ve done the same cornergran and I’ve particularly enjoyed the episodes with William Gaminara/Leo Dalton and the gorgeous Harry/Tom Ward! . Was never keen on Amanda Burton though.

I’ve met Amanda Burton a few times, she is very nice, prior to this had really enjoyed the series when she was in it.

BigBertha1 Thu 09-Sep-21 06:38:04

We have watched both episodes and agree that it's very dull without Clarissa. I would like Nicky to move but if she is going to stay some better make up and some roomies trousers would be a better look I think.