Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Tourist

(222 Posts)
Santana Sun 02-Jan-22 09:41:59

Not giving anything away if I say the main character gets amnesia after a car accident in the Australian outback. We don't know his name either.
Just wondered if anyone else thought his accent changes from Scottish to Northern Irish? Maybe just bad acting.

grannybuy Thu 04-Jan-24 13:17:03

I really enjoyed series one, and am looking forward to starting the new series on catch up tonight.

knspol Thu 04-Jan-24 12:38:42

I watched the first series but couldn't remember much about it, watched te first episode of the second series and not overly impressed but will probably continue with it for want of much else on the TV at the moment.

4allweknow Thu 04-Jan-24 12:37:09

Jamie Dorman is Irish. Born in County Down but lived mainly in Belfast. He has worked in USA quite a bit. Couldn't hear anything but his Irish accent in The Tourist 1 & 2.

Desiree1153 Thu 04-Jan-24 11:36:43

I’m just getting to the end of the first series and am loving it. I loved Jamie Dornan in the Fall and dare I say it, I did love him in the 50 Shades trilogy. My guilty pleasure. His accent is Northern Irish as that’s where he’s from. Maybe, because I’m Dutch I don’t hear any other accent in there.

merlotgran Wed 03-Jan-24 14:14:37

and yes it was odd/weird in places

In places??

I’m still hoping for a sane and sensible bit! 🤣🤣

Bea65 Wed 03-Jan-24 11:14:26

Binge watched- great series and yes it was odd/weird in places but liked the scenery and back story to the two Irish clans.. didn’t think it was that violent..seen worse…

Primrose53 Wed 03-Jan-24 11:11:22

I really like the fact they have cast Police Officer Helen as his lover. Most of these films they have a tall, skinny ridiculously beautiful actress playing the lead role.

I like the character Helen and I like the way she is dead ordinary and dresses in scruffs. I hope they stick together and some super model doesn’t come along!

merlotgran Tue 02-Jan-24 18:12:35

Use the bookmark facility or ‘watch this thread’ and then you don’t have to scroll through posts.

BlueBelle Tue 02-Jan-24 16:36:17

I have 100 posts per page so only on page 2 but agreed calandargirl it made sense to carry on and all you need is to go to the end post

Calendargirl Tue 02-Jan-24 16:11:52

annodomini

I didn’t think it was worth starting a new thread when there was a perfectly serviceable one less than a year old! grin

You only have to go to the last page, no need to scroll through all the rest.

annodomini Tue 02-Jan-24 11:24:54

Just a suggestion: would it not be better to start a new thread instead of having to scroll through pages of posts about the first series to reach series 2 in January 2024?
Do I really want to put myself through yet another world of confusion? What's on Netflix...?

TerriBull Tue 02-Jan-24 10:55:40

I didn't like the violence at all, I hate violence! The world is horribly violent, let's not see too much of it on the screen.

Having said that, I like Jamie Dornan, but gawd! what an awful beard I imagine there were sub structures of microscopic whatever living in it before it came off. I did fall asleep in the end, so may catch up with it. Couldn't understand why the lovely Australian girlfriend, sorry can't remember her name, Helen maybe? didn't ask more about him when she met his mother confused Yes definitely a touch of The Twin Peaks/Psycho feel about it, but then I've forgotten some of the first series and I don't intend ploughing through all that again. I'd have liked a brief re -cap at the beginning. Probably too much to ask though.

merlotgran Tue 02-Jan-24 10:08:07

What’s with the weird detective and the cellar?

Shades of Psycho! 😱

Sparklefizz Tue 02-Jan-24 10:02:19

I'm not sure if I can stick with it .......

Jaxjacky Tue 02-Jan-24 10:00:11

We really enjoyed it, as bizarre as ever.

henetha Tue 02-Jan-24 09:35:31

Perhaps it will become clearer tonight...

Primrose53 Tue 02-Jan-24 09:21:55

I also don’t understand who the two divers were at the end and then the female was on the phone saying she had got rid of Elliott. Anybody explain please?

BlueBelle Tue 02-Jan-24 07:35:34

Oh so glad I wasn’t the only one Calandergirl it seemed terrible far fetched I mean all the times he escaped put Houdini in the shade and when we were suddenly underwater at the end I thought I must have nodded off and missed a bit
(perhaps i did I m sure someone will explain it to me)

Calendargirl Tue 02-Jan-24 06:42:48

Also found it very confusing.

Reminded me yet again of ‘Twin Peaks’.

BlueBelle Mon 01-Jan-24 22:47:59

Well that was violence for the sake of violence I didn’t understand all if it what was the underwater scene at the end got to do with it?

Tenko Mon 01-Jan-24 21:24:57

I will as Jamie Dornan’s quite hot! Although I didn’t like him in 50 shades. And I enjoyed the first series .

granfromafar Mon 01-Jan-24 20:51:10

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Have seen lots of clips for the new series and it looks good.

Calendargirl Mon 01-Jan-24 20:43:30

Anyone going to watch series 2?

9.00pm tonight, BBC1.

Lip56 Tue 01-Feb-22 13:45:09

Binge watched ! ?

BigBertha1 Mon 31-Jan-22 22:29:14

We enjoyed it I think. Let's hope she leads him to the straight and narrow.